Pinched Nerve — Need to Take a Medication

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamie m, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Hello! So I have a pinched nerve and it's affecting my arms so much that it feels heavy, I need to take Advil or Aleve or Tylenol? Which one is better to not affect my T? Thanks

2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Are these NSAIDs or Paracetomol?Paracetomol is considered safe as NSAIDs are considered ototoxic in high doses.I had to take Ibuprofen for 2 weeks in October due to an arm injury and it had no affect on my ears whatsoever,but everyone's different.Try a low dose and if it spikes your T stop taking them and it should return to baseline upon discontinuation.Hope this helps:)

• Like Like x 1
    3. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      See an Osteopath or Chiropractor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Personally I take either very short term without problems, but I wouldn't be comfortable taking either more than about three times a year.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20193831
      Note that this study looked at men explicitly and not women, so it's not saying that the risk doesn't occur in women -- it just wasn't studied.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @linearb @bill 112 @truesilence could I take some Valium, cutting it in half, the ent doctor gave me it but I only have taken it 3 times, it would be 2 mg

6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Yes you can but don't overuse them because of dependency and well you know the rest.One is fine as far as I know especially at 2mg.Valium can cause T but yet a lot of people with T find relief from T using Valium so go figure.

7. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I was one 4mg of Valium for sleep for 3 months and it had no effect on my T,if anything it lowered it a bit.Everything is considered ototoxic these days so just use in moderation and you should be fine.