Please Give Me Guidance and Hope. I Just Joined and Bad Day.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Misszora, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Misszora
      Heartbroken

Misszora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you to anyone who responds for taking your time to do this.

My tinnitus started a year and a half ago. I have had every test I and my doctor can think of and nothing has shown up except some minor disc issues. I have seen several ENTs , neurologists .

I think I was doing okay for about 6 months. The high pitched ringing pretty much stayed the same except when i was over tired or dehydrated. About three months ago it started to get louder change tones a little and more sharp.

Some days its a little less but today has been the worst day so far. It was so loud and high pitched it hurt and I got dizzy and nauseaus.

I can't get into my doctor for a few days and even still I know he doesn't know how to help. He is very understanding and basically will prescribe me anything that will help. I don't want to go on benzos and get worse so I have been trying to be strong and ignore it but today its just too much. It's getting to where I have less good days.

I have not been able to find anyone who also has it. I went from being a productive woman who also volunteered on the weekends to just getting by. I'm sitting here balling my eyes out.and praying,....,this is so far from who I am I just don't know what else to do. I tried to find a tinnitus hotline so I could just talk to someone that would understand and I don't think there is one. Maybe if I get through this I will start one someday.

Thank you for listening
      Zora

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Bartek
      Alone

Bartek Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo withdrawal
      Hi Miszora

Are you taking any meds?
      Is your T loud, is it easy to mask ?
      I have reactive tinnitus so my is almost unmaskable
      Hope you get better
      Love from Poland

• Like Like x 1
    3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Misszora ...Now that you're here, you're no longer isolated and alone. That's a change for the good. Here, you're among people that fully understand what you're going through. We're all in this together! I suggest that you begin reading some of the threads in the "Success Stories" section that will give you hope and encouragement. Take heart!....and believe that things will get better for you!

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Misszora
      Please don't be afraid to take clonazepam which is a benzo. It can lower the tinnitus for many people. Providing your GP is managing how much you take then you should be alright and it doesn't have to be taken long term. I took clonazepam and had no problems.

Many things can cause tinnitus although "exposure to loud noise" is the most typical. Do you listen to music through headphones or go to places where loud music s played: clubs, concerts? Try and get a referral to a Hearing Therapist or Audiologist that specializes in the treatment and management of tinnitus. There are a variety of treatment opitions for tinnitus so it depends what's available at the clinic you attend. Please click on the links below and read my articles on tinnitus that you might find helpful. Take your time and try to read them in full and not skim through them. Try to avoid quiet rooms and surroundings especially at night. Use a sound machine by your bedside. More about this is explained in: Tinnitus, A Personal View, below.

Hope you start to feel better soon.
      All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new-to-tinnitus-what-to-do.12558/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-and-mental-health.21978/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/acquiring-a-positive-mindset.23969/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misszora
      Heartbroken

Misszora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you Bartek, JimH and Michael for responding to me.

Bartek: To answer some questions: I am not taking any meds. Well today I took a 6mg meclizine ( 1/4 of a pill) because the high pitch was making me dizzy. I do not have any other medical conditions other than a slight bulge in my cervical disk. Right now I can sort of mask it ...maybe...with music around me. I can still hear it but not as much. It seems to get very sensitive to loud sounds so I am between a rock and a hard place.

JimH: Thank you for your encouragement and I will go read some of those success stories:)

Michael: I never really used headphones to listen to music and I never frequented clubs and still dont. Im more of a bookworm kind of gal. We really don't know how I got my Tinnitus. Several things happened to me around the time it started...I was sick with a mild sinus infection....healed from that then had random dizzy spells.....Had a lot of dental work so lots of drilling...and then was about 20 feet away from a truck that back fired three times. About a week later it started. I went to an Audiologist and I have some mild hearing loss in what she says is the same as my Tinnitus sound. I had an MRI when it first started and that was normal. I had balance testing and that came out normal.

For the past year I have been lurking here...reading whatever came up on my google search but the threads I always got were several years old so I thought this site didnt have anyone still current on it. I tried changing how I eat..which wasn't too bad in the first place...exercise and lots of vitamins . Nothing helped that I could really notice but for a year it was manageable and I think I started to habituate. I sleep with an air cleaner in my room so it gives off a white noise. I drink strong chamomile tea before bed and that was helping me get to sleep. Last night it took three cups though and that made me a bit loopy today. I pray I don't develop sleeping issues because getting rest is whats keeping me together.
      Im trying to figure out what other type of symptoms tend to go with Tinnitus..like the dizziness...or maybe vertigo and ear ache? I get the latter and every time the ENT checks my ears there isn't anything wrong.

I will also go read through the links you gave me. Thank you so much everyone for your support. We never know how just a few minutes of our time can affect someone elses life.

Zora

• Like Like x 2
    6. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Misszora

Do you have a clue what triggered your t initially?

7. Joe Zaffiro

Joe Zaffiro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Hi Misszora. I know what you are feeling. Had the same reaction 4 years ago when mine started. In my
      experience, any meds don't really work. I took some adivan to calm down, and ended up addicted to it.
      Not good. I can say now that it would have been best to just remain as calm as possible and just deal with it.
      I have learned to accept it and move on. It becomes a part of your life. You will get there. I didn't think
      I ever would, and I was the worst basket case you can imagine. There are millions of people dealing with the same thing. It depends on what kind of personality you have, it doesn't faze some people, but it is devastating
      to others. Either way, in time, you will deal with it and it will become a normal part of your life. The way I look at it now, is that it is not painful or debilitating, it isn't fun and it stinks, but think about all the other healthy
      things you have. You can walk, breathe, see etc. Give it some time. God bless.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misszora
      Heartbroken

Misszora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Marlino: no no idea really. I do know that I had pretty much the same slight hearing loss the last few years. Only things that happened around that time the T started was I had some teeth removed, and a sinus infection ...those were about 2 or three months before the T started. About 2 weeks before the T started I was close to a truck backfiring.

Joe: Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I think what upset me the most is that I thought I had pretty much habituated and then with this new louder sound its hard to see me doing it again. especially now that I seem to get dizziness and nauseas too.

Zora

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      @Misszora - what kinds of tests have you done so far?

10. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Here's one approach to work deeply with your health:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/meditation-practice-to-deal-with-tinnitus-suffering.8165/

As T typically is generated by nerve damage in the inner ear, no amount of meditation should be able to lower the volume. But if there are other factors that contributes to the symptoms* maybe general improvement of a sufferers health could have an impact.

*A speculation on my behalf.

11. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Both two statements are not proven.

Especially since the lady doesn't know what triggered her t.

12. Joe Zaffiro

Joe Zaffiro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      If you are dizzy and nauseaus, it sounds more like vertigo. That, is actually treatable. Hard to say though.
      Most of the ENT's don't help much with the tinnitus. I know that I had myself so stressed by it that
      I was making myself feel sick and lost weight way to fast. Try your best to relax. I was never able to habituate, the ringing is just too loud. However, It is no longer attached to my nervous system.