Please Help! Truck Alarm Went Off Right Next to My Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Travie808, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Travie808
      Worried

Travie808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Can a truck alarm cause instant damage if it went off right next to my ear? I've been having ear problems the past 5 months and I'm pretty new to tinnitus. But according to my doctor my hearing is "normal". The other day I was being a good worker and helped an elderly man put on his license plates (I'm a mechanic) on his new truck. As I was putting it on he pressed the panic button by accident and it went off right next to my ear. Maybe after the second beep I quickly covered my ears.

Could that have damaged my ears even more? Should I call my doctor or is this temporary? I measured the db level at 118 db. My left ear felt a bit fuller than normal. Help me please I'm in panic mode!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Travi808.
      Im sure you will be ok and as you say you put your hanďs over your ear.
      If you are worried then getting checked out won't hurt if your having problems.
      Try not to panic as that will spike your tinnitus.
      Lots of love glynis

3. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      i would a short course of prednsione asap nothing to loose

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Travie808
      Worried

Travie808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Thank you Glynis and Bobby B for replying back to me. I really appreciate it. Ive called my ENT and they cant take me until late next week which really sucks. I hope it wont be too late. I'm just scared out of my mind. Just when I thought I was doing well this happens to me. But thank you both for your advice!

5. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      I had prednisone 8 days after my trauma and feel that if I'd gotten it sooner then maybe it could've had a more positive effect. If you're worried then go to A&E and ask for the steroids. The sooner, the better. Good luck