Poll: Do You Have Forward Neck Posture?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, May 2, 2016.

?

Do you have forward neck posture?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Other (please state below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I heard there sometimes can be a link between forward head posture, tmj, and tinnitus. Granted, I would not think most cases of tinnitus would be caused by forward head posture, but I wonder if it could make it worse in some cases. For example, some people can change their tinnitus by moving their neck around. I figured I would do this poll. To give you an example of forward head posture I will post the link below:

c492acff177f64057671c034f787f4c1.jpg

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Wow, after revisiting the results, I had no idea it was so common.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      I have it too! :(

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      If they would have taught me this as a little kid in school I could have been so much better...its amazing how much useless stuff they teach in school. In my opinion, basic math, basic science, ethics, reading, writing, and health are the most important subjects

5. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I have forward head posture. Partly because of habit sitting in front of a computer, but partly for other reasons. I hate it, but I'm not sure it's something I can just correct now. I have TMJ too, but neither cause my tinnitus.
      I'm all screwed up...

I have other theories on forward head posture for some people, and I don't think just poor habit is the cause 100% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      A few weeks (maybe more) of yoga and you're posture will improve. It depends on how serious the forward head posture is.

7. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      LOL, I don't think yoga is going to fix it. Actually I did yoga for 6 months years ago, didn't fix it.

Anyway, getting into my theories for other reasons some may have forward head posture. One is the body correcting airway issues. For myself, I don't have any breathing issues, but I notice my airway is more restricted when I pull my head back fully, my Addams apple kind of juts out too.

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Interesting.

9. meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud clubs initially, now louder due to noise & vibrations.
      Just start to sit more up right with your head and neck in the propper position, don't slouch. I have bad forward neck posture and I can tell as the back of my neck has started to hurt this year, if I purposely position my head back and chin tucked in my higher pitched hissing tinnitus that I get when very stressed subsides about 50%

• Like Like x 1