Poll: TMJD-like Facial Pain After Acoustic Trauma

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aklara319, Sep 24, 2019.

?

Have you experienced TMJD-Like Pain After a Noise Trauma?

1. Yes, I developed TMJD-like symptoms after a noise trauma.

2. Yes, I had pre-existing TMJD-like symptoms that worsened after a noise trauma.

3. No, I had pre-existing TMJD-like symptoms that didn't worsen as the result of a noise trauma.

4. No, I don't experience TMJD-like pain.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Aklara319

Aklara319 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi all,

I am suffering from fullness, spasms, and TMJD-like pain in my jaw and neck after a night out at a nightclub. It has been a year now with some (limited) improvement. I was wondering how many of you have had a similar experience after a noise trauma? Feel free to leave comments if anything has helped you, or if you have any ideas.

2. eagerUser

eagerUser Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I hope you get better soon, what helped me was relaxation. I had ear fullness, spasm and pain which only got better after I got better emotionally, it improved a lot after a good week enjoying life and going out, being active, my TMJ is also problematic and I'd had TMJ difficulty on the side which got worsen after the noise(85db for 20minutes) so it's not noise trauma. I guess mine was psycho-somatic as i have OCD and anxiety disorder.
      And yeah it's been ~ 4 months and it's 90% gone. Only some days for at most an hour or two my jaw hurts mostly when I clench my jaw.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aklara319

Aklara319 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thanks for the well wishes, @eagerUser. I'm finding magnesium and cyclobenzaprine (10mg) at night to be helpful. Great to see a few answers to the poll. It's helpful to know that I'm not the only one experiencing weird noise-induced symptoms.