Poll: Visual Snow, Floaters, Highly Sensitive Person, Derealization, Intellect, Pains, Anxiety

Discussion in 'Support' started by David077, Mar 28, 2018.

?

Select all that applies to you.

1. I got visual snow before I got tinnitus.

2. I got visual snow after I got tinnitus.

3. I got visual snow from medical drugs.

4. I got visual snow from street drugs.

5. I got floaters before I got tinnitus.

6. I got floaters after I got tinnitus.

7. I'm a highly sensitive person (HSP).

8. I got derealization before I got tinnitus.

9. I got derealization after I got tinnitus.

10. I have very high intellect.

11. I have high intellect.

12. I have normal intellect.

13. I'm autistic/asperger or I think I can be so.

14. I got nerve pains before I got tinnitus.

15. I got nerve pains after I got tinnitus.

16. I got fibromialgiya before I got tinnitus.

17. I got fibromialgiya after I got tinnitus.

18. I'm an anxious person.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      Please mark everything that concerns you.

2. Anthonyr
      Wtf

Anthonyr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had visual snow ever since I can remember. I also have BFS (benign fasciculation syndrome). Those two things are definitely related/linked to Tinnitus. Yet, according to every test and exam. I am in perfect health. It's so frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Also have had visual snow for as long as I can remember. Never though much of it, until I started reading up on the causes of T. I've got quite some blue field entoptic specs whizzing around a blue sky as well. The snow is the most apparant when I'm in dark rooms. My T onset was during a period of high stress (exams). I believe most people have this visual snow in some kind of degree. Some people just have to look harder for it than others. People who are highly sensitive, may indeed be predisposed to seeing it better. I do have to mention that I do not have any other visual symptoms that are generally attributed to Visual Snow Syndrome.

EDIT: Interesting that you mention 'derealization'. After inhaling some asthma medication a few years ago, I had a very sudden onset of what I could call a 'derealized' depth perception. It has gotten better (probably through habituation) over the years, but it is still there. It's sometimes as if the dimension of things isn't quite right, but never have I reached for something that was further away than I perceived it to be. Needless to say, most doctors regarded me with a puzzled look when I told them this and I'm not even sure I want to know what they thought of me (and I hadn't mentioned the visual snow at that point!).

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Holly1987

Holly1987 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I got visual snow for the first time in my life exactly 3 weeks before my tinnitus. It never occurred to me they might be connected. The visual snow doesn't worry me so I never thought about it..

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      When I was child I saw visual snow only when I wanted to see it and it was not in full field of vision, i saw it only as figures that I imagine in my head. My hypnotist doctor told me that I have a very high power of self-confidence(hope I wrote it right).

Much before I got T, I noticided that my VS "spilled" to all my field of vision after smoking or PTSD.

In my opinion all the things that I write in a pool may be related to each other and to tinnitus that caused by drugs using, so if some one who already have VS (for example) and still not have tinnitus had to avoid using psychiatric or street drugs in any way possible. In my opinion, the best way to deal with stress is visit a good psychologist.

Hope for the sufferers, I suffered from also two things that I mentioned in the pool, of the one of them I recovered through stress control (without drugs helping) and willpower, of the second through prayer+fast and after full physical exertion.

6. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      I developed eye floaters (Dark) and Visual Snow after my major T increase that happened in January.

• Hug Hug x 1