Poll: What's the Longest Time Someone Should Suffer from Something?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by The Red Viper, Mar 22, 2017.

?

What's the Longest Time Someone Should Suffer from Something?

1. Few Days

2. 1 Week

3. Few Weeks

4. One Month

5. Few Months (approx. 2-3)

6. Greater

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Just curious. I think there should be consequences for certain actions, but I don't think those consequences should be permanent. It will teach people valuable lessons, but won't hinder them in the future, whether physically or due to fear. I think that whatever happens to you, whether it be a sports injury, accident, burn, acoustic trauma, infection, or other illness, shouldn't stay with you forever.

Personally I think that one month, maaaaybe two-three months at the most, is the greatest time someone should suffer with something before bouncing back 100%.

What do you guys think?

2. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      If i knew my T would disappear in 1 year, i'd wait easily and it would be a piece of cake. But not knowing when and if ur going to get cured or habituated is torture.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What is the objective? What is it we are trying to maximize or minimize? If it is my own behaviour, than even a second of intense pain, followed by a couple of days of the burn healing, would teach me not to touch the hot stove. When someone gets a lifetime of suffering, it might get others (who become aware of his or her predicament) to change their behaviour...
      mistakesdemotivator.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The knowledge that it would disappear in two or even in five years would make it hundreds of times easier to bear.

• Agree Agree x 4
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      As time passes @Bill Bauer: a few weeks or months things will get better believe me.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I used to cry uncontrollably every day, at some point in this journey. Today I cried for close to half an hour. I can see a day coming when I would be unable to stop crying...

I remember reading a Stephen King novel when I was a teenager and being impressed by text that went something like this: "She didn't scream. She knew that if she were to start screaming, she would not be able to stop." I never imagined that I would actually get to feel this way myself...

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Bill, Just listen to me for a moment. Someone PM'd me last night and I have his messages to I'm not making this up. He was depressed last years due to noise trauma from a fire alarm. He is in this forum everyday and could only see doom and gloom. No matter how we all tried to tell him that things would get better he didn't believe and thought his life was over.
      He PM'd me last night to say he's much better and the tinnitus has calmed down considerably. Just give it time. Have a word with your Dr on how you feel and see if he or she will prescribe a mild antidepressant to help you through this bad patch. We all go through it.
      Michael

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you for your kind words.

My T was very slowly getting a little better. But it is possible that months of progress were undone by me picking up that phone. This is the reason I am so upset right now. We get only a limited number of second chances...

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      I'm not so optimistic about that. What happens to others can serve as a warning, but it's not the same as experiencing something for yourself.

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think I would have changed my behaviour, had I known that a lifetime of suffering was possibly being at stake.

11. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I think it's anxiety and all the stress that you are under makes you believe the phone has made your tinnitus worse. If it did spike your tinnitus it will calm down with time. Have a word with your Dr and get something to help relax you. Tinnitus isn't easy especially in the early stages....

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      True. But now it's neverending waiting....which will probably result in nothing either haha. Well I hope ofc for the best for all of us!

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. canuhearmenow
      Musical

canuhearmenow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drug Induced
      I don't consider myself to be suffering, but having been dealt lessons to learn from my mistakes.

Sometimes harshly, but never undeservedly.