Poll: When Will There Be an Approved Treatment to Reduce Tinnitus Noise?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tweaker, Aug 18, 2017.

?

When will there be an approved treatment to reduce tinnitus noise?

1. 1 to 5 years

2. 6 to 10 years

3. 11 to 15 years

4. 16 to 20 years

5. Over 20 years

6. Not in this Century

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      When do you think there will be available a licensed medicine or medical device that actually reduces the tinnitus noise?

A treatment that is approved by a regulatory body such as the FDA or MHRA.

I am hoping within the next 10 to 15 years, at least for some types of tinnitus.

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Coping and adapting is how I deal with it. I don't hold high hopes on it being cured or it going away. My tinnitus stems from LOUD noises and ear damage. For others, it may go away, but I know my situation.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      There's a few different types of tinnitus, but there's thousand of medical causes. Some causes directly relate to the ears and hearing, others don't. The brain basically controls everything, but when one has damage done to muscles, veins, bones, then those issues need to be addressed. Other conditions, diseases and drugs can cause tinnitus.

Somatic T is often caused from auditory pathways within the central nervous system. The central nervous system involves every part of your body by physical and emotional reactions. Somatic T can be caused just by one vein in your neck or one can have a 100 reasons why they were led to receive somatic T.

Tinnitus isn't an one cure condition. Of the thousands of medical conditions or diseases, tinnitus is ranked number 82 in difficulty in finding a reason of cause. This does take into consideration, that most tinnitus is caused by loud noise and then one has reduced hearing due to dying hair cells.

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
    5. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      Well it is anybody's guess really but personally I don't think we will see this for another 10 years....at least....and that is me being optimistic....Realistically I think more on the lines of 20+ years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      There may not be an approved treatment for tinnitus but a few things come close. The main one is adopting a positive attitude to tinnitus and life. This is crucial if a person wants to move on and habituate to this condition. It take time but for most people it can be achieved.

7. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      I think T is a great market for pharma, lots of $$$. But because cause of T are so different it's hard to have one drug to cure them all. I still think that will see some breakthroughs in the next 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Probably a cocktail of medicines, along the pathway of potassium channel modulators, a newer version of Trobalt or the regeneration of hair cells and damaged synapases, so between 5-10 years based on that for approval if everything goes well

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      What are the reasons behind every bodies choices?

10. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      Never. Every old post I've read always says soon or ten years or whatever. Same old. And being told to adapt to it depresses me even more. So yeah.

• Like Like x 1
    11. missingsilence
      Depressed

missingsilence Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who am I kidding, its got to be noise :/
      It seems that every few years they say "in the next decade" or so, but the more I read the more I feel it will take a long time. One company (I think AM-102, but don't remember exactly) has been in the pre-clinical phase choosing an active compound since at least 2014 and they currently say that by the end of the year they plan to choose one. I feel there are a lot of delays and companies that tried to venture into tinnitus treatments have been burned before.

We need more time, more funding for research and more awareness.