Polycythemia and Pulsatile Wooshing in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Anjas, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Anjas

Anjas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No cause
      Hi guys, I have pulsatile tinnitus from 18.12.2016. in my left ear.

I hear how my blood goes throw my vascular system in heartbeat. It is like wooshing and it is constantly with different intensity when I sit it in quiet and becomes louder when I stand up.

I was on color dopler, and MRI and everything was okay, but I have a mild polycythemia.

Is here anyone that had wooshing and have polycythemia.

I am so scared for my life, I think all the time that it would rupture and that would be bleeding in my brain. Please help me.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. BLane
      Dreaming

BLane Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also have mild polycythemia (relative, not Rubra Vera) and severe tinnitus...but not the wooshing kind. My is the 24/7 tea kettle/Jet taking off kind (aka Brain T). I very, very rarely will have pulsatile tinnitus, but that only lasts a few seconds. I've no idea if they're related to the polycythemia. I've seen doctors and audiologists, there is nothing they can currently do and there is nothing I can do to directly affect it. So I try to forget about it and just get on with living. As far as I understand, one is more likely to get a stroke with polycythemia, a rupture would be more likely with an aneurysm. Since you had the MRI and everything checked out okay, you most likely don't need to worry about a rupture IMO, but if it's really scaring you...might be worth talking to your doctor about. Hang in there. =)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anjas

Anjas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No cause
      Thank you for your reply. I am going tomorow to give blood on transfuziology and i will write if something change . thank you

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I have pulsatile tinnitus, too, and certainly can understand your concerns. Please do update us on how your pulsating is tomorrow after your blood transfusion.

If you are still concerned, it would be a good idea to talk to a doctor, just to rule out any problems, and maybe have some testing.

Best wishes,
      Karen

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Anjas

Anjas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No cause
      Today i was give blood on transfusiology an everything is the same. The wooshing is still here. I was today to my asistet who is neurosurger and he tell me that he think wooshing can be the symptom from dural avm and we will do mr or ct angiography . we will see. Thank you for your reply.