Positivity

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by leelo, Nov 4, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Hello everyone,
      I doubt anybody remembers me but i came to share with you how i overcome my tinnitus. Time heals all wounds, when i first had tinnitus i had soo much anxiety fear and depression. One moment i was ok with it and the next i burst out in tears. But i then decided after two months of googling and obsessing about it I will stop searching up about it and accept it. I havent been on this website in about 6-7 months but within that time i have grown stronger and was able to go up to weeks without noticing. There are times when my tinnitus gets supper loud for almost an hour but I learned to no longer panic about it and it eventually calm down to the regular buzz.
      I dont know if this was helpful but i want youll to remember to always stay strong and believe me you will be able to conquer any obstacle. I never dreamt that one day i would be so ok with it. If they had a cure i wouldnt even get it cause i no longer see it as an issue. The one thing i must say to people who suffer with tinnitus is to make sure avoid pain killers like Aleve etc..Also i know everyone is super cautious about noise but dont take it to the extreme by wearing earplugs everywhere u go, i really dont feel like it does much help cause knowing how T behaves it will get loud whenever it feel like it noise or not. But i want to send **hugs** to everyone who is struggling and to remember this quote,
      "I can't change the direction of the wind but i can adjust my sail to reach my destination"-jimmy Dean
      you cant change what has happened but make efforts to reach the destination of happiness free of anxiety and constant worry.
      God Bless :)
      (This website was sooo helpful when I first got tinnitus thank youll soo much. I had to share some positive words)

• Like Like x 6
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Thanks for sharing your success story. Very encouraging to read stories like this!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Leelo,

Thanks for coming back and sharing your story with us! Your positive story will bring great comfort and encouragement to everyone who is still struggling with tinnitus.

I'm so glad to hear that you've gotten over the anxiety and depression, and have habituated so well.

Congratulations, and thanks!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi Leelo,

Thank you for coming back to share this with everyone.

It's so important that people can see the balance, that they know how many people have faced this and have come through it.

Steve

• Agree Agree x 1