Possible Ear Infection? Otomize?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Artypawz, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Artypawz

Artypawz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sharp object in the ear and reoeated ear Infections
      Hi,

I have had tinnitus for 4 months now and have not taken any treatment at all. I have been t scared to put anything in my ears or do anything that could possibly make my tinnitus worse.

I have been told by my ENT ,that I was only able to see 2 weeks ago, that I have a 'small' ear infection. He said there is also a ear wax build up. He offerd to do micro suction but I was to scared of the noise so I said no. Then he gave me ear drops and antibiotic spray Otomize and then I left.

I dont want to take Otomize because I have read it can make tinitus worse. My tinnitus has actually got slighty worse on its own recently and I have been worrying a lot. I dont know what to do and Im really scared.

Please Help?

I got tinnitus by putting a sharp object in my ear. Ive been told there is no peroration, apparently.

2. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      @Artypawz
      Yeah neomycin - stay the fuck away from it.

Go to another ent for checking up on you - there might not be even infection anymore.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artypawz

Artypawz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sharp object in the ear and reoeated ear Infections
      so infections can just go?

4. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Are you aware that antibiotics are fairly new treatment option - less than 100 years old.

You can always count on infections to "go away" but it isn't always the smartest thing to do. Go and see a doctor, dont be an idiot that tries to self diagnose since you cant see insides of your ear.