Possible Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by carlos28, Apr 30, 2017.

1. carlos28

carlos28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Hi guys, I've had tinnitus for 2 years but I came habituated a month into it, and my life is normal.

Today however, I went to the barber for a buzz cut and a beard touch up and have noticed I now hear a small little noise in my left ear. It's not that bad but I can differentiate it from my base tinnitus. I feel like some hairs might have gone inside my ear.

Could this be what's causing it? I'm sure I also have a lot earwax in there.

Would getting my ears cleaned with the little water hose help?

Please people help me I know I become habituated a month into it but it was an arduous process I do no wish to relieve.

Any help is appreciated.

Also could this be a spike? How long do they last? Would anyone who's had a spike before care to share their experience? Please talking helps.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Tinnitus is caused by damage to the inner ear. I think the eardrum would keep loose hairs away from your inner ear.

It could have been caused by the noise made by barber's electric clipper. You may want to go to the emergency (or your family doctor) and try to get them to give you prednisone. It can be effective if began within 24-48 hours of the acoustic trauma...

You can cause more damage if you try to get rid of the wax yourself. You may want to get an ENT to see if there is wax in there, and to clean the wax if it is in fact there.

• Agree Agree x 1