Possible Treatment? Myelin Sheath Repaired with Antibody in Mice

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Brian32, May 7, 2014.

1. Contrast

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      injury from noxious noise
      anything that causes hearing loss can cause tinnitus by depriving the auditory brain of input it generates it's own input

2. Mary Pellegrin

Mary Pellegrin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First after a car accident, then it went away
      I have had a recurrence of tinnitus and it hasn't subsided at all. I hear the cricket sounds, the only way to get it off my mind is to stay busy, but at night to sleep is the worst. good thing I have a high tolerance for pain and suffering. Just pray it doesn't get worst. Doctors know nothing except to say hearing loss causes it. Big deal!! My first symtoms was after a car accident, then it went away. Now I am 70, has age anything to do with it??

3. JohnAdams
      In love

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      it's actually accelerating a lot right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I know. Not sure why you're replying to a 4 year old post though, haha :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. JohnAdams
      In love

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Haha whoops. Well even more so my point. Its accelerating. By God, I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like Like x 3
    6. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      So I have a new theory, which could be bogus but why not go for it.

Lately I seem to find a correlation between my low end intrusive warble tinnitus and ear clogged feeling.

They just don't co-exist for me. Seems lately I go through a few days of clogged feeling, which finally pops and subsides, and then the low end acts up, which then subsides in a couple days, and back to clogged.

ENT confirmed no fluid or infection today and said it was likely an inner ear neural issue.

So I get researching on myelin sheaths and their role. It's essentially insulation for your nerve to function properly. When my clogged inflammation is present, I theorize that it's acting as insulation to my damaged nerve. When it goes away they act up.

There ARE ways to regenerate myelin. Vitamin D, melatonin, exercise, learning new skills are all important in myelin regeneration I read. I'm going to work on this and see the outcome.