Prayers

Discussion in 'Support' started by kevin b, May 23, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I know a lot of us are suffering, but I am asking for any prayers or encouragement any can offer. I suffer from bad depression and was doing well for many years on Lexapro. It had stopped being effective before T came in January. My doctor has tried other agents to try and help it but it seems to have pooped out. I am going to slowly taper on to Paxil which was very effective for me over 20 years ago. Of course I have anxiety on whether it will work on increase my T so as hopeful as I am trying to be there is a lot of fear as well,

• Hug Hug x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Jeff M.
      Cowabunga

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey Kevin!

You are most definitely in my prayers and I encourage you to slow down and don't worry about tomorrow, next week, etc... (Matt 6:34). Focus on getting thru today. You ARE going to get thru this and you WILL have victory. Stay prayerful and as positive as you can muster. Seek support (like you did by posting here!) and don't stop living your life man! Don't let your T own you! Kick it's butt and rule over it! It can be done! I am living proof. I was in the pit of despair and doom a year ago. By the grace of God and surrendering to the habituation process, I am living again!! I still have pretty severe, constant T, BUT I am non longer anxious (Phil 4:6) or depressed, and am living a happy productive life. I don't share this to gloat, I share to encourage you!! It can and will happen!! Be encouraged! Be well!! Praying for you man! (y)

Jeff

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Thank you so much Jeff, you don't know how much I appreciate your amazing words. I thank God for friends like you!

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Hang in there buddy! Huggs!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Rog

Rog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I understand you soo well . I am much better than months ago but still struggling . Things get better and I'm happy to see that you believe in God and asking for prayers . Ill prayer for you and will ask for my family do the same . God bless us all .

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Kevin,

You are in my prayers, too. Jeff M's advice is spot-on --- if you can slow down, relax as much as possible, and just try to get through one day at a time, you can make it!! It has taken me close to four years to get over my tinnitus-related anxiety, but I've finally done it, and you can, too! Stay strong, stay prayerful, and you will make it.

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hello Kevin, I very much believe that the energy raised by prayer helps us.

Someone recently asked Dr. Stephen Nagler, a well-known tinnitus expert who posts here at TT in Doctors Corner, if Nagler believed in God and if this God would help us if we prayed from our "true hearts."

I very much liked Dr. Nagler's answer, as follows: I believe God gives us free will and opportunity. I believe prayer gives us strength.

So I, and others here, will pray for you from our true hearts to give you strength over these next few months. Close your eyes and, on the other side of the noise, imagine a beautiful spirit singing for you. You are in the worst of it now. As @JeffM said, you WILL get better. I, too, am so much better than I was a year ago, when I first started with tinnitus.

• Like Like x 3
    8. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Thank you for your support and prayers, it means alot

9. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Thank you for your kind words, I am doing my best to pray not only for myself but for others suffering as well.

10. kevin b
      Fine

kevin b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      Thank you and yes I agree- God bless us all!

11. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      You will be in my prayer Kevin. One day at a time. In fact, during my worst days, one event, one moment at a time. Focus on NOW, the very moment and don't worry about tomorrow or the future too much. There is much we can do to improve the very moment we are facing. Be a watcher of that wandering mind which initiates a lot of distorted thoughts and can lead to much anxiety and depression. If your depression is caused by chemical unbalance, then medicine has its value and make sure you consult the doctors for that. If it is caused by cognitive distortions, then CBT is a good approach to help correct the distorted thoughts. I used this heavily to help myself by reading up on the Internet about it, and bought a book 'Feeling Good' by Dr. Burns. After studying it a few times, I realized I needed to change my thinking process and be more positive in my approach. I also find it very healing doing exercise and going outdoor activities plus pursuing hobbies. These are much better for the body long-termed. All the best to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      I like this* My son attend to my words; incline thine (ear) unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and HEALTH to all their flesh.

• Agree Agree x 1