Prednisone Post Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by theekarwash, Feb 6, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and/or Ear Infeciton
      Hey guys, I know there's been many posts like this before but I'm just wondering if it'd be worth taking prednisone following my spike? Spike started on Wednesday morning so I'm wondering if I should take some as there is some in my parents house. If so, what dosage is recommended? Cheers guys!

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Prednisone should only be taken under medical advise and not take Willy nilly .
      They are strong medication mainly for respiratory problems like sever asthma,COPD, etc and sever arthritis .
      You should never take anyone's medication .

Prednisone has side effects and doctors don't prescribe them unless they need too .......lots of love glynis

3. theekarwash
      Nerdy

theekarwash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and/or Ear Infeciton
      You're right Glynis, I'm just feeling a bit desperate at the moment. I just want this spike to subside, I'm hoping it will over the coming days/weeks. It's very debilitating.

• Hug Hug x 1