Prozac and Tinnitus : New Sound?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Oli, Jun 21, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Oli
      Alone

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sonor Trauma
      Hi
      I started taking Prozac since one week at 10mg and begin to notice a new sound today 1 hour later as I take my first 20 mg dose
      The new sound come and go non stop like pulsative T and sound metallic its hard to explain. My first sound is the classic high pitch like the feedback of a TV
      Im very anxious at the moment and my T is 2 month old and 2 weeks is it possible that the new sound dont come from the drug but more because of the stress or that my T is in accute phase and likely to be instable?
      Or it may be because of the Prozac? Will it be temporary because my body is adapting (n) Or its a dangerous sign that I must take another AD
      Its not my first time around with Prozac and the first time I cope well with the drug
      I really have to take an AD right now because my OCD and depression are making me suffering

2. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      Any sort of antidepressant rewires your brain circuitry within 1-3 hours. Your sensory system is most definitely affected by taking that kind of medication. Tinnitus is associated with our auditory system and much more, so taking something which affects your brain circuitry in a large manner will affect the ringing you hear.

Read: http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/0...essant-changes-brain-connectivity-in-3-hours/

3. Oli
      Alone

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sonor Trauma
      So are you supposing that it would be better for me to try another medication because my body react to Prozac by giving me a new sound?