Pulsatile Tinnitus Tests

Discussion in 'Support' started by AmandaKate, May 24, 2017.

1. AmandaKate

AmandaKate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there. I am new I guess to having pulsatile tinnitus.

It started back around January and I am finding it very hard to cope with the answer of just live with it and there is no cure.

I have had MRI's, Angiogram, and a CT scan to rule out bigger issues. I have read online that some have also gotten ultrasounds to look at the jugular or arteries.

Has anyone else had all these tests done to rule issues out? Is there value in the ultrasound?

I only have it in my right ear and it has gone from occasional to pretty much constant now. I have a hard time believing this is the life I now have to live. Recently I have also experienced other noises or people talking causing a high pitched, almost painful ring in the same ear. Something has to be off.

I've been to an ENT who says that my jaw or TMJ may be contributing but he sees no other issues.

Has anyone else heard of that?

I am also in the process of seeking help from a chiropractor and wondering if anyone found relief going that path. I am only 32 and I am willing to try anything.

I also find it helpful to plug the ear. Is there any danger in using an earplug to ease my discomfort?

I also am being treated for thyroid disorder so I am taking synthroid and Amitriptyline which my doc thinks may help the tinnitus.

Any thoughts are welcome.
      Thanks,
      A

2. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hey @AmandaKate

I have a thyroid issue. I take synthroid. I took Amitriptyline. I also have p - tinnitus. I'm older. I took some tests. I have a team of doctors. T is not the only issue I have. Now I'm taking a GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) class at my HMO, its helping me understand other issues I have in my life, perhaps not related to T, my emotional reaction to trigger events, just saying, don't worry be happy.

Anyway, I was going to say, is it my reaction to it? I hate it everyday. It’s been getting to me, and I'm going to win tomorrow, to live my life. Maybe for me the answers in my brain, to cope every day. Is it my nerves or sound. Check all aspects of your life, like stress, and take care of yourself. Go outside, enjoy life. Try to sleep as deep and as well as you can, its helps the energy. Your going to win.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A lady whom comes to the support group with pulsatile tinnitus is now doing great and found a small betablocker and hearing aids help her cope better.
      She was suicidal at first but now back to a happy life again.
      A ultra scan can help and worth getting done.
      Love glynis

4. karliann

karliann Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      middle ear glomus tumor
      Hi all been dealing with this for 9ish years, my ENT sees a glomus tumor in my ear upon physical exam, but now have had 2 MRI / MRA, and those show NOTHING! but doc says its there I'm looking right at it, I'm beyond fed up frustrated he said other patients had this issue and it took years for it to show up, well its already been years so doubt that it will just pop up someday, meantime I'm still suffering, I am also on synthroid and elavi and gabapentin, idk