Pulsatile Tinnitus — Constant Whooshing Sound — Two CT Scans Later Doctors Are Not Any Wiser

Discussion in 'Support' started by Anjaty91, May 1, 2019.

1. Anjaty91

Anjaty91 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone or to anyone who reads this. I have been a complete panic mess. I have been dealing with pulsatile tinnitus since December and it honestly has altered my whole life. I have been dealing with a constant whooshing sound that is in tune with my heartbeat. Whenever my heart rate increases, my heart rate gets louder.

I have had two CT scans of my head and neck done with and without contrast and an MRI with and without contrast. All test came back negative.

I am completely scared because this noise in my ear has caused me to think I have so many health issues. I get such bad anxiety to the point I can’t go to work, out with my friends, or have a nice evening out with my significant other. I have been to the ER several times because I have all these different anxiety symptoms. I’ve also seen an ENT and audiologist.

Has anyone gone through this!? Please, I need advice with coping or any type of help or feedback to help me find a cause to this.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Wow... I am so sorry.
      Stress... you need to read through the threads on pulsatile tinnitus, I know nothing about it. Read up and you'll get some ideas. I am sorry I can't offer you anything concrete, only my heartfelt sympathy and wish for you to be better.

Sincerely, Daniel

P.S. How are you doing today?

3. Cojackb
      Breezy

Cojackb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry to hear you're having a rough time!

I'd definitely recommend seeing a therapist for your anxiety, even just to get some coping methods on how to calm yourself down. It helped me significantly when my anxiety was at its worst.

Not had Pulsatile Tinnitus myself but maybe try reading some articles like this: https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/is-it-worrisome-to-hear-a-pulse-in-my-ear

Might give you an idea of things to get checked or some starting grounds for further research :) If you ever need to talk to people or just vent, then just hop on here and join in the chat box!

4. NickolaiHC

NickolaiHC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there :) I am in the exact same position that you are in. Bad anxiety, thinking a whole host of things are wrong with me, and manifesting symptoms from worrying (nausea, fatigue and loss of appetite. At least I think these are related to the anxiety). I offer you my empathy. Keep me posted on what you find out. I have not yet had additional testing done, as it is super expensive in the US.