Pulsatile Tinnitus and Pseudo Tumor

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chikorita, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Chikorita

Chikorita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pseudo tumor cerebri
      Hi,

I just joined. I was diagnosed with pseudo tumor cerebri recently by a neuroopthamologist. Pulsatile tinnitus is the symptom that bothers me the most and was why I got it checked out. It's only in my right ear. I also had headaches, but I also have chronic sinus and neck issues so I didn't think anything of the headaches. So anyway my ear and MRI/MRA were fine. The doctors just said it was idiopathic and I needed a lumbar puncture, then they'll start meds. Well, that wasn't an acceptable answer to me since I also had PTC when I was in high school and I stopped taking minocycline and it went away. Though I didn't have tinnitus then. Also I'm already on a ton of meds for other things and I don't want to be on more if I can help it. So I did my own research and decided to have my nexplanon (birth control) removed. I went on a progesterone only pill after that (I had PE/DVTs from years of taking regular birth control so I can't be on estrogen). My symptoms didn't improve at all so I stopped taking that as well on 10/15/17. Unfortunately I was taking it for medical reasons, so this isn't going to be a fun time.

Anyway, a few days after I stopped taking the pill my headaches drastically improved and continued to improve and I pretty much have no headaches now, just some soreness behind by eyes. I don't feel the pressure in my head or ear and I can now pop my ear again. I've also lost 6 lbs, I'm assuming it's water weight. But I still have the stupid pulsatile tinnitus. It does seem like it's improved a little, but much slower than the rest of the symptoms. Do I still have hope of it going away without meds?