Feeling Pulse (Heartbeat) in My Teeth & Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pulse, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Pulse

Pulse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I developed pulsatile tinnitus 5 months ago. About 2 months ago I started experiencing pressure in my upper teeth and could feel pulse (heartbeat) in my teeth. my doctor says she doesn’t know why I’d have increased blood flow to my teeth.

It’s very unnerving. I have ENT appt next week.

Has anyone ever had this sensation in their teeth?

Thank you so much.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Pressure point concerns - upper teeth, eyes, floaters, neck, facial and headaches are common with pulsatile tinnitus. With upper teeth pressure, carotid artery, thyroid and heart need examination. Complete blood testing with association is needed, including metabolic panel blood values. Cholesterol control is important. Important blood test results for this are plasma triglycerides, lipoprotein HDL and also plasma glucose. It very possible that a healthy diet and maybe some medication design after testing will control pulsatile and maybe even regular tinnitus.

https://www.drlamcoaching.com/blog/do-you-have-a-metabolic-inner-ear-disorder-part-1/
      Mentions in articles are also thoughts to consider.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Patricia Kleeb

Patricia Kleeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      five days ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had this kind of tinnitus when I had an undiagnosed pituitary adenoma. Happily, the tumour was (eventually) diagnosed and removed in a transphenoidal operation (up through my nose like an Egyptian mummy). Not nearly as bad as you might think! I had to suffer through several years of misdiagnosis first, though (depression, migraine).

4. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Often times referred pain or sensation is due to a nerve being affected indirectly. You may have a vascular issue causing the tinnitus, that could be affecting one of your cranial nerves. You should have this evaluated, not only because it's likely treatable, but also because it could be a sign of something worse.