Pulsatile Tinnitus AND Tinnitus? A Lower Tone Ring That Ebbs and Flows with Heartbeat

Discussion in 'Support' started by AliasM, Mar 17, 2021.

1. AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Botched lumbar puncture, CSF leak
      I have had tinnitus for 3 months and it is always high pitched crackling, chirping, ringing, crickets, static over both ears and brain.

Lately though I have noticed a lower tone solid ring that ebbs and flows along with my heartbeat. I generally have to block my ear to hear it over the racket that my high frequency tinnitus makes but this other tone is there, and fairly constant, especially when I have been laying down.

My left ear tinnitus is also somatic. If I move my head side to side or up or down or yawn, it increases the volume. My right ride tinnitus is not somatic.

Could this be pulsatile tinnitus as well as regular tinnitus?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Certainly pulsitile in my left ear only. Woosh, woosh, constant. I can't stop it but can make it louder by turning my head. I just opened a stop watch app to time it in case I was imagining it. 37 wooshes in 30 seconds. Then I took my heart rate... 37 in 30 seconds.

I havd had tinnitus for 3 months. It started in my right ear and the left joined a week later. They were always pretty symetrical. It is only the last 3 weeks or so that the left has started going rogue and doing its own thing, and pulsatile I am certain is new in that time frame.

It is a high-ish frequency, but nowhere near as high as my usual tinnitus. I don't need to block my ear to hear it today either. It is wooshing loudly.

I've had MRI, MRA, CT and carotid artery doppler all back in early to mid January and all came back clear.

The only thing that has changed since this started was maybe my change in blood pressure mediication from Telimasartan to a beta blocker around 20 January.

3. cconnor42
      Scurvy

cconnor42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      My dad's is like this (pulsatile tinnitus and tinnitus). According to his doctor, it has to do with his eustachian tube.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AliasM
      Depressed

AliasM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I haven't noticed any pulsatile noises all day coming from my tinnitus. I lay down just now so my son could massage my shoulders... next minute, a dull low ring tone whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh. I hate it so much so I called off the massage and sat up. Pulsatile tinnitus now gone.