Pulsatile Tinnitus Started Yesterday

Discussion in 'Support' started by elliemeeme, Dec 16, 2015.

1. elliemeeme
      Sleepy

elliemeeme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/15/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      Hello,

Yesterday I woke up and had this noise in my right ear. I realized it was my heart beat. Also had dizzyness/vertigo which was getting worse again with an incident last week. I went to a clinic and they did an ekg and said I'm not having a stroke. I have type 1 diabetes and hashimotos. I'm going to an ent on thursday. Do you think this could be serious? It seems to get worse at times and I can't hear it at all when I'm talking or there is another noise usually but sometimes it gets louder. I just wonder what is causing this? I'm scared. and it's driving me bonkers when things are quiet. Will supplements help?

I had a brain mri and video nystagmography last year. The mri was normal. Could it still be some vascular cause which didn't show up? I also had a migraine on the weekend and the doc said my sinuses were very swollen but my ears look normal. She said the migraine and sinuses could cause this too and it's likely my carotid artery that I'm hearing. I also had some fluid in that ear and jumped up and down to get it out, could that cause this?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      elliemeeme
      Sleepy

elliemeeme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/15/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      Can anyone help me here? I went to my ent and he rxed an mra of the neck, w/wo contrast, an ultrasound of the carotid, and a brain wave scan. I just wonder if I need an mra of the brain too since the neck may not show the whole picture? If you had an mra what area was it for? The hearing test was normal- my hearing wasn't affected at all.

Another biggie is that I can't hear the sound now unless I tilt my head a certain way- it started last night: It suddenly stopped after I went upstairs and I could hardly believe it. It felt strange to hear silence. Then it started up again and kept doing that for a few hours. When I woke up it was gone except with that strange movement.

This doc said there is no inflammation in my sinuses. He thinks the tinnitus and vertigo/balance issues are being caused by vestibular migraines. I also think the bg issues are playing a role here.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

I think I may have to be sedated this time for the mra because I have only had standup mri for a few years due to severe claustraphobia.