Pulsating Fullness

Discussion in 'Support' started by trickerds, Jun 21, 2018.

1. trickerds

trickerds Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hi folks,

Interested to know if anyone has had a pulsating fullness/muffled ear? Although I do occasionally get a typical whoosh, more often than not it is a fullness. I have suffered with ear fullness for a very long time but recently I’ve noticed as it fades in or out it is often in time with my heart beat.

It is always for a really short episode (of a few seconds) and I can’t directly tie it movement or anything. Is often in rooms with poor acoustics, or loud environments. I feel like it might be ETD as it always disappears after a yawn/swallow but I don’t get how ETD could be in time with heart beat?!

Thanks

2. mtoafs

mtoafs Member

i have fullness in my right ear that seems to come and go along with the sensation of hearing my voice in the same ear. that sensation goes hand in hand with the fullness and comes and goes as well. I have observed that it's usually only noticeable when i'm in tight quarters like cars or if i'm sitting in the corner of a room. it's totally speculation on my part but it seems like it has something to do with the acoustics of the space i'm in - specifically, areas that don't have a lot of places for sound to go.

3. Seawater7

Seawater7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Have you tried manually draining your lymph nodes on your neck by running your fingers down your neck from below your ear?

4. Vicky17

Vicky17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have pulsating fullness too in both ears although much worse in the right.

I also suffer from the same closed space feeling you get too. Sometimes i can hear my voice and breathing inside my head too which is just hideous.

Have you had any tests done? Any ideas as to the cause of your problem? X

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      trickerds

trickerds Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Sorry I didn't reply here, totally slipped by me. I haven't had tests done. Last that happened is I went to see an ENT who suggested MEM (Middle ear myoclonus), specifically involvement with the stapedius muscle. I have other symptoms which are consistent with TTTS, which is primarily what I think he was basing this on - i.e thumping triggering by being in loud environments.

I still don't have any good answers. I seem to be stuck in a middle ground where I have some clear signs of a muscular type syndrome, but it overlaps with some pulsating in time with my heartbeat which suggests something vascular. I don't have the typical 24/7 whooshing associated with PT.

6. Meadowlark

Meadowlark Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have fullness in my right ear at times, and my PT is louder then. If I move my jaw to open my mouth, or yawn, or swallow, my ear makes a clicking sound. I have no idea why. Anyone else get this who might enlighten me?