Pulsating Tinnitus Appeared Randomly, Will It Go Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Prelude, Apr 9, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Prelude
      Panicky

Prelude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Two weeks
      Greetings to all guys,
      After a little inflammation in my right ear, an high pulsating tinnitus appeared.

I had those pumping sound in all my life, but i usually hear them only when i have a high blood pressure, like when im doing sport or having sex, so i never bother too much.

But one night something happened, and this pulsating sound tune up his volume and didnt stop, only thanks to my mother i found that pressing the neck near the ear made it stop.
      Two weeks have passed and i still have that sound, i can only sleep with a VERY tight scarf.

What do i do ? Will it goes back like it was before? What possibly is the cause?
      This week ill see a doctor, im trying to act normal but this thing is scaring me a lot, much more than the other healt problem i had/have.

I cant stand ripetitive sound normally, and this pulsating is litterally driving me crazy.

:(

2. billy43
      Lucky

billy43 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/28/13
      hello prelude.i also have PT.Most of the time pulsatile tinnitus is nothing serious.but your doctor should order an MRI and an MRA just to be sure.hopefully your doctor is somewhat familiar with PT.the most basic thing he should do is place his stethoscope near your right ear.if he can also hear the noise your PT would be classified as objective pulsatile tinnitus.if he cant then its referred to as subjective PT which is much more common.either way theres a decent chance it can go away on its own.theres a site called Whooshers.com.strictly dedicated to pulsatile tinnitus and many stories of people who were cured usually by surgery.but if I was you I would start by seeing a qualified doctor and go from there.Good luck with things,billy43

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. kasart
      No Mood

kasart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unspecified
      My head has been getting worse and worse. I feel like someone is choking me at the neck and the pressure has gone to my whole head like a balloon, pushing pressure and more pulsatile sensation throughout. All I feel and hear is low vibrating, roaring constant 24hrs with occasional squelching, gloomp pops that make me have head spasms. I don't know how much more I can put up with this. It's giving me daily bad headaches daily. Any effort to do any physical activity worsens it and I feel like I'm going to pass out from the pain. My family do not understand and I get the sense they just don't want to see or hear about it anymore. I don't want to myself anymore.

4. billy43
      Lucky

billy43 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/28/13
      hello kasart.im so sorry that you are going thru such a terrible time.have you tried Dr Nagler on this forum.maybe he could recommend a doctor or clinic who would be able to help you in some way.i hope things get better for you. billy 43

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @kasart,

I agree with Billy43. We are so sorry you're going through this, and totally sympathize with you, because we also know what the pulsating feels like. But if this is something that has come on suddenly, you might want to see a doctor to make sure that nothing is seriously wrong.

Doctors who are knowledgeable about pulsatile tinnitus are usually neurologists and neurotologists. However, if you cannot locate one in your area, you could start with a good ENT and see what he has to say.

Good luck, and please do update us on how you're doing!

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

6. Prelude
      Panicky

Prelude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Two weeks
      Thanks Billy43, you calmed me.
      Probably the major problem is that my parents cant understand this torture, and i dont feel morally supported.

Kasart first you have my support, i wished i could do something for you.
      First you should try to sensitize your parents to this problem, try to print to them something, if they think it's nothing serious they will see your problem like an excuse to not doing anything, im doing the same thing.

Then try to go on a specialized clinic/center/doctor, but bring your parents they need to realize that is something serious and not a random whining.