Pulsating Tinnitus Goes Away When Heat Is Applied to My Jaw?

Discussion in 'Support' started by kelsey, Sep 10, 2016.

1. kelsey

kelsey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure...Pain under jaw by ear
      So I noticed my pulsating humming in my ear goes away for a bit when I apply heat to the painful area of my jaw.....when the heat is not applied anymore the sound comes back....why why why???? Why or how is the sound going away from this?? I sound i hear is a very very low tone, humming sound that goes with the heart beat.....

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Kelsey,

Did you say you had already been checked out by a dentist? What about wisdom teeth - do you still have them?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kelsey

kelsey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure...Pain under jaw by ear
      Yes...No wisdom teeth...gone 10 years ago...

I also found a new symptom....the pulsatile tinnitus IS IN MY OTHER EAR TOO!!!! lol...So both ears are affected by it....but get this....I can only hear the right side all the time everyday in a low humming.....in the left side I can only hear it with my earplugs in and only when I look down....when I'm in a neutral position it goes away the left side....the right side is constant...Has to be some compression right?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Kelsey you could be picking up your pulse from your carotid artery as it's right by your middle ear....lots of love glynis

5. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      I apply heat to my jaw all the time. it does a few things, it decreases swelling and increases blood flow, and its calming. all the facial nerves pass through the cochlear nucleus with the auditory nerves there is a relation. Get a night guard if you are clenching. Stress can tighten up the jaw and face, so stretching and relaxing could help more than heat. You could do yoga or something.