Putting Pulsating Tinnitus to Work

Discussion in 'Support' started by TinA#7oct, Apr 23, 2018.

1. TinA#7oct
      Amused

TinA#7oct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Handpiece's (air driven turbine drills) repair of
      Making pulsating tinnitus useful in my daily routine, has been a challenge, but not impossible. It has been said “ The only difference between possible and impossible, is the measure of ones will” (Shuho Sugita). Breathing is just one method I use for putting my tinnitus to work.

I listen to the pulsing and count out a cadence, so many beats breathing in through my nose and so many beats breathing out through my mouth, at rest. I slowly take in all the air I can, hold for a three count, then slowly let it out. This was taught to me by my pulmonologist, to help with my ALS. I find it also useful for tinnitus, when it starts to bug me. Hang in their, the T forum’s “got your back.” TinA#oct

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TinA#7oct
      Amused

TinA#7oct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you again, I’m just glad that T is now more of a blessing, than a burden. It took awhile, but now I understand. Keep up the great work and what you share
      @TinA#7oct

3. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      You also have ALS? I'm so sorry to hear that, it's not a good disease to have...

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TinA#7oct
      Amused

TinA#7oct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      annV, thank you
      Having ALS for myself, is not so bad, as long as you keep your humor. The burden of preparation has been lifted, allowing my family and l, to enjoy one another. We live in a world now of great discovery, fueled by compassion and hope. This forum, for which you apart, shares in this compassion and hope. Thank you again for your reply and have a wonderful evening.