Question About Hearing Frequencies and My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rasmus, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      Hello my T friends :)

I have tested how high a frequency I can hear up to. I can hear around 15.000-16.000 and there between I'm not sure if it's my tinnitus i can hear or the frequency. I have tested with speakers and headphones and they both are around the same point before I stop hearing the frequency. I'm 22 years old, how much should I be able to hear? And how high can you hear up to?

And does this mean I have some kind of hearing loss?
      I have been to my nose ears and throat doctor and they said my hearing was fine, and very good. (but I can still hear my tinnitus all the time :/)

Thanks a lot for your time and have a nice day :)

2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Well in theory you should be able too hear
      Up to 20k

Before noise trauma I could hear 18k+ but now I can't hear 14k I lose it around 13.5k

Everyone has hearing loss at varying degrees as you lose hearing as you age.

How did you develop tinnitus??

3. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      It varies from person to person depending on many factors like noise exposures etc.

Friends of mine who go clubbing literally every weekend can't hear past 12,000hz but they don't have T,and then there's us who can hear up to 16,000hz and still have T.

You see it's not just haircells in the ear,there's also its underlying neuron to consider and that's something that no audiologist can test very accurately so your audiograms will continue to show up perfectly,but that's only half the picture.

There's a theory going around that I quite like and that's because it makes logical perfect sense.

Losing haircells doesn't cause T,it causes normal hearing loss,damaging these nerve fibres underneath with an intact haircell is what causes T and H and there strong evidence for it.

Bottom line,if your audiologist tells you"your hearing is perfect"don't start believing it's just a brain thing or that your hearing is not damaged.If your T came from noise you most likely damaged these nerve fibres.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i dont know but i have been using headset alot back in the days i guess its from that :/ but could my T be because heaing loss?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      OKa for taking your time and write this :)
      H is that the reason my T get worse when i hear sounds?

6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      No that is reactive T,H is a sensitivity to certain sounds and volume ranges which may or may not result in pain.

7. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Not a definitive answer here but if your at is reactive then I would say most likely,a lot of noise induced T people experience reactive T,I don't think I've seen too many if any for that matter who had reactive T from anything else.
      I could be wrong,if I am then someone can correct me.