Questions About My Symptoms

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I've been posting in the general support section but I thought I'd post here as well because I feel like I may be having reactive t with hyperacusis. I'm 7.5 months pregnant and About 3.5 weeks ago I started with the ringing in my ears. It seems much worse when around television or the radio and sometimes other loud situations (like many people conversing at once). Some days I don't notice the hissing/ringing T at all until I go to watch tv and then it's almost like the t competes with the tv volume. Sometimes my kids voices make it worse too.. I've been keeping the volume low on the tv which seems to help. Does this sound like typical H and if so does anyone have any tips on how to deal with it? My first thought is to go for the ear plugs but I've heard thats also a bad idea.. I could use some information and support ;)

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Natalie ,
      Build up your time around sounds that spike your tinnitus and hyperacusis .
      Try not use plugs as will make your ears over sensitive.
      I can remember hating the tv on and was hard to miss when hubby was home as its a big tv on the wall and could not stand it on and remember constantly telling him turn the tv down and was happy when he went work so I could turn it right down or off.
      I can't remember when it went away I just adapted and then coped ok and then H went away....

Your one strong busy mummy and I'm positive you will come through all this in your own time shining with a little bundle of joy.....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Yo-Han

Yo-Han Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello Nathalie

During pregnancy elevated levels of certain stress hormones can really stir things up for you and many pregnant woman. Heres a good read about it.

http://www.parentingscience.com/Stress-hormones-during-pregnancy.html

Since you react good to masssage and relaxation(your other posts) i geuss its these elevated stress hormones affecting you know in your last weeks of pregancy... possibly aggravating your T.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I will read about it. Thank you. I agree that it seems like stress does aggravate my T, absolutely. I have been doing better since treating my body and mind better with massage, acupuncture, meditation and what not. It makes a difference even if just reducing stress levels. I appreciate you post.

5. Sophia

Sophia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2005
      I use custom made musician ear plugs. You can get them at different levels, mine are 15 When I'm around a lot of people or grandkids. They help buffer the noise and they fit perfectly in my ear. I have had them for years and don't remember how much they cost. I don't use them 24/7 . If you do it can cause the T&H to get worse. I just use them when it's really necessary. I carry them with me every where. At work sometimes my customers speak really loud, I just put my plugs in and my ears are safe. Then when I'm finished cutting there hair and they leave, I take my plugs out. It won't shield your ears from sirens or anything loud like that.

• Like Like x 1