Quickly Worsening Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cor, Jul 3, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hey all, in the last 4 weeks my t is quickly worsening. About every 2-3 days i wake up and the volume button has been turned up a small notch. After 2-3 days, when I feel i can work with this, there it goes again.

What do you guys think? Psychological? Any type of physical issue that can cause this?

2. MarkD
      Fine

MarkD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      My advice, buy some ear plugs like the Mack's foam ones and use them whenever around loud noise. Drink plenty of clean water (minimum 2L per day) and get yourself hydrated. Eat a healthy balanced diet and prepare/cook your own food. Exercise minimum 25 mins per day or every 2nd day. Try not to sit for too long during the day and keep yourself busy. Try and get plenty of rest each night. Arrange to see your GP so he can look at your ears, clean them and arrange a blood test.

3. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have custom filtered earplugs. I use them when im around loud noise, which is almost never. Although the shower and similar 'white noises' flare up my t a lot. I eat pretty healthy, pretty much all salads and chicken this week :) On sleep meds, so i sleep pretty decently.

Got another appt with ENT tomorrow, we'll see what he says. I have little hope he'll say anything useful. I feel here in The Netherlands, ENT doctors pretty much got their degrees in the supermarket, and have been winging it ever since. They have absolutely no clue, patience, interest, or anything regarding tinnitus.

4. MarkD
      Fine

MarkD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Tinnitus is a symptom not a cause so its important to be clinical in your daily routine to try and work out what may be causing it. Try and add more fish to your diet. Salads are good but are mostly water, you want to add plenty of vegetables. I feel better after I've had a good steak once a week (i know all the vegans will hate me for this). Maybe i'm iron deficient.

Are you exercising every 2nd day to keep your body ticking along? Are you taking any vitamins or supplements? I take a multivitamin every 2 days, fish oil capsules and Zinc.

You may have a deficiency in some area. there's so many potential causes of T that only you can work out by probing your routine and diet....(or a medical assessment, blood test etc).

5. powder

powder Member

It's a irritating problem