Quiet High-Pitched Tinnitus, Please Don't Hate Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by noisebox, Oct 7, 2015.

1. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      It's crazy I know but since getting a collapse of T and H this last 6 months I have been unable to cope with spikes etc. But now it's altered again, it is so very very high but quiet but still able to cut through most sounds. Trouble is as its quiet I should be able to cope but I'm not, I feel it's cutting through me, it's so very high, not my old T pitch. I feel a wimp but it terrifies me.

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Stop thinking about it so much. Stop spending time on here. Whenever you do think about it, force yourself to smile, tell yourself mentally "it's just tinnitus, it's not anything serious" and then refocus on whatever else you'd rather be thinking about. Do this thousands of times a day if necessary.

The more time you spend thinking about and obsessing about this, the worse it will get, and if you just do that over and over again for years, you're probably rewiring your brain for worse tinnitus in a literal and physical way. Neural windup and central sensitization are real things.

If you live long enough I can pretty much guarantee you that you will encounter health obstacles that will make your current T seem like a complete non-issue. Organic life is hard.

• Like Like x 2
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Perhaps try mask it with some of the really high pitch masking sound, such as heavy rain plus cicadas and you can add river sounds & bird songs or blue/violet noise on top of that. You can try play the TT masking sounds on the 'Don't Panic thread' and pick the highest pitch sounds you can find, then download free 'aire freshener' (if you don't have it) and play the highest pitch sounds on a different tab. The two tabs will be playing these highest pitch sounds on top of each other and see if this will help you. Don't look for total masking. Even partial one will help, especially if you add bird songs on top of all that.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I guess you are probably right. I was habituated now it's new and different and I have depression I'm obsessed.
      I think I would be saying it 10000 times a day as there's barely a second when I'm not awhere of it.
      Oh and at my age I already have other health issues but this us the worst as its reactive too and I now have H.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will try, if I run a tap it is masked but not if I play a water sound. It is very very reactive sadly and hutch pitch music just puts it up higher.

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      10,000 times a day is fine. The number will fall rapidly if you really stick to it. From the sound of it you have much quieter T than I do, and this technique works for me with moderate success.

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I totally agree with billie48.
      My tinnitus is very high and I have downloaded music that helps mine set below my tinnitus.

I know it's the reaction to it you find hard having the unwanted emotions tinnitus brings .
      I know we all live in different family units and for people on their own it can be tough .

Trying to get our head around the sound and cope better takes time and how we feel about our tinnitus sound plays a big part in it.

We can hate our tinnitus,
      Find it disabilitating,
      Find it a nusense,
      Find it troublesome,
      Find it annoying,
      A lady posted she learnt to cope better by changing how she feels about her ears and calls them her singing ears like a angelic sound and by relating to her sound that way she coped better......lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aw Glynis you're a star. My reaction is the problem. Still finding it so hard after being habituated to a lower pitch, non reactive, stable T. Now it's high, unstable, reactive, with spikes and H. Not forgetting menopause symptoms.
      I need to try something or I will crack up pretty soon.

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Aww duck ring me anytime xxx.
      Did you go to the tinnitus group ?
      I find Reki music good .

Stay strong and don't let tinnitus break you .
      You can buy hearing aids that you can stream music to so like a masker plays white noise you can play natural sounds through them.
      They are a lot of money over 2.000 pound.
      A friend on the BTA has them and changed is life for him .
      Here for you always....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      Mine is very high pitch 12KHZ-14KHZ and it is hard to find any masking sounds at that level. The only thing I have found that works is the Moses Lang CD last track. You can get it at Oregon Hearing Institute. I have serious chronic health issues too and for me T is MUCH harder to handle. I prefer physical pain to this, I guess we all are different. I have some pretty heavy duty pain which I tolerate a lot better than this shrill screeching. Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Screenshot_2015-10-07-21-00-13-1.png Try find this CD on your phone or amazon

12. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      That kind of approach is a form of mindfulness technique. I actually used it during the toughest struggle, in kind of a joke (and this soften the blow of T). I often wake up with T blasting away like a crying baby. So I would mentally talk to it 'hey T, you are like a hungry baby waking up crying for milk, but you've got the wrong person for it - I am a guy!', lol. That sort of approach is to humanize or soften an annoying source or object to make it easier for the brain to handle. I once read about a guy suffering from chronic neck pain due to a car accident and suffered for years with strong negative reactions. He was resisting this chronic pain condition with all his emotional energy. It ended up draining him of his emotional and physical energy so much that he was suicidal and in deep depression. Then a therapist suggested to him to humanize this pain condition which has been with him for years then, and to not run away from it but to face it dead on, and to call it name as if it were an old friend. He felt much better after that and his negative emotions subsided, which made it much easier to take on the pain. Mindfulness is a powerful tool to combat bad emotions and pains indeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi billie48,
      I call mine ,naughty monkeys,could think of a few other names but as I work in a school it keeps it clean..haha......lots of love glynis