Reactive Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thongjy, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
tinnitus forum
    1. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      For those who have reactive T, do you realize that the intensity of the reactive T changes at different kind of environment?

Did anyone figure out what are the factors that cause the reactive component of T to increase or decrease?

Was it the sound level? Or the frequency of the sound?

2. Giovanni
      Insomnious

Giovanni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Woke up one morning.
      Whenever I'm near a Mac Laptop. My ears hear a electric kind of tone. And it's really high pitched. Same thing with light switches and video games and certain TV's. It's gotta be the frequency.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AlecP
      Procrastinating

AlecP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (I think)
      I think my laptop fan, when it's working at it's fastest, sends my T into a temporary overdrive which sounds like a hissing in my head. Usually subsides after turning my laptop off :)

4. Pilot
      Mellow

Pilot Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So far I've noticed a loud restaurant takes about an hour to raise my T to a level where it competes with the noise. The other time is after about 6 hours of continuously hearing the HVAC system and refrigerator at work.

5. Any loud noises or being in loud places causes my T to go up.

6. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Is the Mac laptop you using generating any form of noise from fan or anything? Did you try to off the Wifi to make sure it is not from the Wifi? I sometimes suspect EMF can affect our T.

7. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      It's the sound/noise in the lost frequencies that triggers the volume knob of T.

I've lost ~2400hz up to 22000hz in my left ear. So basically everything is blasting my T through the skull. Can't eat a freakin' cookie without a T-explotion and pain. I think my T is the embodiment of hell. Hell is in my ear/head/skull. Anybody wanna visit? We have uncomfortable beds, ultra hot showers, acid pools, and plently of headaches. Honestly, I can't imagine anything that possibly could cause me as much suffering as I am experiencing right now 24/7.

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      I can second that,my T is sounding like a frequency going up and down already.In the near of my TV,PC,etc etc it tends to pick up an even higher frequency.

9. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      That's a lot of hearing loss. I thought mine was bad. Is it completely lost in those frequencies?

10. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      My T has a habit of winding up during the day. It seems more particular about work days. I think it's the drive to work.

11. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Mine does this too, it's slightly lower after I sleep every day and then it builds up. Just as I am waking is my lowest point in the day. Something about sleep seems to reset and quiet things slightly. After I'm awake the T always comes blasting back.

12. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Repetitive noise for me.

As mentioned above, driving always raises the volume of mine, even though I bought a quieter car last year it still does the same thing. And if I have to listen to a fan or my fridge it drives upwards.

Also mine is better in the morning as a rule though it depends on what I do during the day, it's generally louder as the day progresses.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Lol, on average I spend 22 hours a day 7 days a week within ten feet of at least one macbook; maybe that's my whole problem :-p

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I quit trying to figure out what makes my T go up and down. Not worth my time

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    15. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      It definitely is and drives me crazy. AFAIK yes, according to http://onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html

@Steve H @Telis , same here lately, mine is softer in the morning but gets very louder as soon as I get up and the day progresses. Now recently I got this constant scratching fork on a plate/dentist's drill noise and it really hurts me. Usually I had noise effects like crackling, ringing and stuff come and go. And I thought the constant eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was horrible.. no I wish I had only the eeeeeee. It feels like it only gets worse than better. :cry:

• Hug Hug x 2
    16. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Does it have Wifi? If not, you are good.

17. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I do wonder about posture and effects of the jaw, shoulders etc. All around that area has always been an issue for me, I stiffen up quite easily and am prone to pulling muscles there (have to be really careful doing shrugs, my trapezoids are smaller than they should be I think).

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      One thing I have noticed and that is my reactivity has slowly started to diminish. As my ears have gotten less sensitive the wind up has become less and less. I expect that in time my ears sensitivity will return to normal levels and I will no longer have the reactivity problem. My faith says that this is my year of total recovery.

• Like Like x 4
    19. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      of course it has wifi. everything has wifi. soon, my dishwasher and coffee maker will have wifi, which should be super helpful to all the bored chinese hackers who want to burn my coffee.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      @NiNyu

Your extra volume and extra frequencies are from extra stress that you have seeing that T doesn't go away. I remember my first stay in hell. It was around New Year's Eve, back in 2008, around 3 months after the emergence of my T. The same phase you are in now. I was literally in my knees, literally crying rivers and praying to God to forgive me for whatever he considers I've done wrong and to stop showing me the worst chamber of hell, that surpassed my former idea of what hell could be. Sounds like your nervous system is very tired and very scared, because of what happened. Your levels of neurotransmitters are out of balance, but they can get back in balance with proper treatment and time is a good healer too, although now, with the passage of time, you get worse. That happens because you entered the vicious circle: T causes stress, that causes increased T, that causes increased stress, etc.
      My advice: have faith that you will conquer this, try to get in control again. It's a matter of brain power. If you can't do it, it means that T is just too loud, it overpowers you, you may be overwhelmed. It happens to me too. In this case, you may try OTC natural sedatives. See if they help. The fact that you are able to sleep is wonderful.

You can get out of this. Last year Danny Boy wanted to drown himself, his T was unmaskable, and now he is cured, with Retigabine and Cat's Claw tea. Before him, another member got cured within a year.

You're not even chronic, you are still in the phase where you can get cured naturally.
      Even if it doesn't go away naturally in a year (there are casese who got cured naturally in 18 months or more), there are solutions! Don't despair!

I don't dare to recommend treatments because every case is different, what works for one case doesn't work for another.

Bear in mind that there are solutions, you just didn't find yours yet! Don't lose hope!

Now, that the monster T moved inside your head, you have to "make nice" with the monster, until that one day when you will find the solution suited for you and kill it.

Back on topic: what causes my T to react (increase): stress (nr 1) loud noises, depression, anger and lifting (that causes my pulsatile T to surface again, obviously from increased blood pressure) , and bad posture, when i don't take care of my muscles to stay relaxed, as I have somatic T too.

I'm working on all those issues.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    21. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      When near tv or pc what frequency are they outputting? Sound ?

22. Steve H
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's not as common in modern TV's but in Cathode Ray TV's I sometimes heard a very high frequency noise, generally only when they were older. There were quite a few stores I couldn't go into because the security TV's or other older TV's that had customer info on them emitted what was a piercing high frequency sound to me. And my PS3 has a pretty annoying whining at a high frequency from the fan.

23. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      That's what my tinnitus sounds like...A CRT TV.

24. Steve H
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My left ear used to have a tone like that but the frequency has dropped, now it's around 6KHz.

25. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Lucky! I wish I had 6k...I'm so unlucky.

26. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      @Dana , I wish that was the case, but my T is causing the stress. No matter what I do T is screaming away 24/7. And that is not only annoying and painful but very very stressful. I have become less than the shadow of what I've used to be. It's all pain now. :cry:

Yes, I get some sleep, but I wake several times. And it takes hours to fall asleep.. I often spend the whole night awake wanting to sleep but the noise won't let me.
      One thing tho I've figured, when I lie in bed in a silent room for hours T slowly gets softer. However, as soon as I move, breathe too fast it spikes and boosts up. Since I have an reactive T it seems when I don't hear anything for a very long time the neurons in the auditory cortex of my offline frequencies calm down. So if I were in a coma my T might be cured. That could be my solution since consciousness is just hell.

Nope, never any problems with posture. I used to stretch a lot.

@Danny Boy , you got rid of T ? T free ?

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      @NiNyu I answered you in a Private Message.

• Hug Hug x 1
    28. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I'm not t free? Just low at the moment. God knows what it'll be like without trobalt.

• Informative Informative x 1
    29. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      How low on a scale from 1-10? How much do you take? Any side effects?

30. Zimichael

Zimichael Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      (1956) > 1980 > 2006 > 2012 > (2015)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ac. Trauma & Ac.Trauma + Meds.
      @NiNyu ...If you wish, contact me in a PM/Conversation. I unfortunately have some fairly long experience with aspects of what you are going through [See my Profile-Information tab...Your 'information profile' does not give me enough info, though 110% understand your summary there].
      Seems like you have attributes of what I call "SRT/H" = "Sound-Reactive T and H" (to avoid pitifully irrelevant and insulting arguments about T "reacting" to Thai food for example).

Best, Zimichael

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1