Ready to Fix This!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by whitehorse67, Jul 24, 2016.

1. whitehorse67

whitehorse67 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Plane decent, had a cold and ears clogged up! Ringing since!
      Hi all!
      I come here searching for answers and finding salvation! I started to experience Tinnitus i my left ear when I was returning from a trip to the Philippines.The day I left,I had a little bit of a cold.As my plane was descending into Detroit, I felt my ears clog up and when we landed, the "popping" relief never came....the issue dragged on for several weeks, bouncing from one ear to the next, to both ears and then finally to the left ear. At one point,I lost hearing in that ear all together. Then....two days later, I woke up, could hear a little bit, but have had this ringing since.

I'm ready to learn and find relief...I know they say there is no cure,but I do hope that I can get some education here.....

2. OPlax
      Worried

OPlax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/98
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born
      @whitehorse67

Hello! As a long time victim of Tinnitus, I truly think yours won't be permanent. It seems like your ear got messed up big time with the pressure differences.

I would give it a week before worrying about it, and possibly try Magnesuim and Calcuim supplements. Good luck!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      whitehorse67

whitehorse67 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Plane decent, had a cold and ears clogged up! Ringing since!
      My apologies...I didn't mention how long I have been suffering form this. It has been more than a year....It started in May 2015....I'm thinking it's here to stay. I see a lot here about noise induced Tinnitus,but I'm sure mine isn't. I'm not sure how to manage this.I have seen post for Magnesium and/or Ginko...but I don't know.

4. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @whitehorse67 did u see ent and did he do hearing test ? Do u have hearing loss?
      How loud is your tinnitus ? Did you have vertigo?