Reassurance Needed

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joshthebear!, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Joshthebear!
      Badass

Joshthebear! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey guys I have had Tfor a few years now and it never really bothers me apart from when I first got it,but just recently I began to notice it again and it's really driving me nutty I keep thinking its louder in one ear than the other but I think it's all in my head and me getting paranoid it makes me so sad my life is going really great I just got myself a beautiful caring girlfriend and my life just feels on track it's just this that needs sorted any tips or views on this

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Josh,
      First point of call would be to see your doctor and get your ears checked for wax build up or infection to rule them out and get your hearing checked too.

Tinnitus can spike for a number of reasons but stay calm as stress can make tinnitus sound worse..
      Keep posting for support as its a wonderful friendly forum...lots of love glynis

3. JLD0010

JLD0010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Josh,
      Just signed up today and came upon your post. Both our T started the same month and year and I also have found my T to be worse over the last week. I'm seeing my ENT today after not seeing him in about 18 months. As with others, my T sometimes gets worse but it usually last only 1 or 2 days and I again can put it in the back of my mind where it doesn't bother me as much. I can't seem to shake it this time around. Let's see what the ENT says.

Good luck to you!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joshthebear!
      Badass

Joshthebear! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks for your support guys I hope it is just a temporary spike I think it feels worse because I think about it once I have noticed it. I am sorry to hear your having a rough time jld please keep me posted on what your why says

5. John G

John G Member

Hang in there Josh

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joshthebear!
      Badass

Joshthebear! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you for your support guys it's nice your so kind it is truly heartwarming ! Really struggling today! Trying to keep a brave face,this noise inside my head it wants me dead

7. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi joshthebear,
      Make sure you keep sound on around you to help as a distraction and at night set it below your tinnitus.
      When its in your head sometimes its hard to concentrate on things.
      Just go at your own pace and stay positive..lots of love glynis

8. JLD0010

JLD0010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Josh,

I will get past this bump in the road and so will you. I have found that I am just fixated on the noise more than normal and can’t seem to get back to my daily life, but I know I will like I have done before. It is just taking my a little longer this time around maybe because of some major work related stress. I know it’s hard but you have to try and keep busy and not focus on it. Our experience seem to be similar so you’ll get back to where you were, I know you will.

I’m going to start a new thread about my interesting visit with my ENT yesterday. If you want to follow it it’s called “Sleep Apnea, TMJ and Tinnitus”.

Stay strong!

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joshthebear!
      Badass

Joshthebear! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feel like am having a bad day again this must be in my head I don't see a reason that my T would get louder in one for no reason whatsoever ! So frustrating .

10. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try stay calm @Joshthebear!
      Tinnitus is so unpredictable and can change for no reason.
      Just remember better days come too and your sound will settle down to its normal base sound.
      Keep sound on low around you to help as a distraction...lots of love glynis