Reduced Tinnitus with Intravenous NAD+ "Brain Reboot"

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by jamino, Mar 19, 2019.

1. jamino

jamino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20th July 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Started during intense heatwave.
      Hi all,

Just an update for me (read my previous posts if interested) - onset tinnitus around June or July 2018 during intense heatwave. I've come across something which some of you may find useful.

Last week, I thought I'd try an intravenous NAD+ "Brain Reboot" treatment, for general well-being. There's a wealth of science behind it, mostly in terms of anti-ageing and longevity - not specifically for tinnitus. Here's a video with David Sinclair and Joe Rogan, very interesting:

Joe Rogan Experience #1234 - David Sinclair

For the past few days, I haven't been noticing my tinnitus as much. This could be a placebo effect, but I don't think so, as it didn't occur to me that I would see any changes in my tinnitus... it's just something I've noticed in the days since having the treatment. It seems to be at least 30% reduced, maybe 50%. That takes it from a 2 or 3 to a 1.

Intravenous NAD+ may not be for the faint of heart. It's an uncomfortable, borderline painful experience lasting 1.5 hours or so, and can be longer depending on the clinic. I experienced waves of pain in my body every 10 minutes (ish) throughout the treatment, and each time the pain lasted for about a minute. It was like a combination of chest pain, heart pain and stomach pain. Taking it intravenously is considered the most effective, but you can also increase NAD+ by taking it sublingually in the form of NAD+ or NMN.

I won't be doing this intravenously anymore as I didn't really like it - but I will take the sublingual powder. The clinic told me that there are people who go back every few weeks, but ... no thanks.

I've also been trying the Wim Hof Method recently:

This Method Will Radically Change Your Life |...

Again, there's plenty of science behind it. I feel like this may have done something too (not as much as the NAD+, but still... something). I intend to keep this up anyway for general well-being.

Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers
      J

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Fabrikat

Fabrikat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis then volume then viral infection
      Sounds interesting! What's the brand name and cost of the supplement you take? How much do you take per day and are there any unwanted side effects?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    3. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      Watching this thread for later!

4. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Great post. I'm glad the NAD has helped you. I'm a big fan of Nicotinamide riboside as you can read some of my posts in the NR thread. Because it has helped my tinnitus and hearing so much, I've been hesitant to try NAD via IV. It's available near me usually as a vitamin IV add on (approx. $300).

There are two camps in the NAD pre-cursor supplements: Dr. Sinclair for NMN and Dr. Brenner for NR. Neither one recommends IV NAD. If you want to hear Dr. Brenner's take on IV NAD, go to 1 hour 10 minutes of this video:

The New Darling Supplement Of The Anti-Aging...

I take NR daily and just started to mix in NMN. I have yet to find a reliable source for NMN as I have for NR (TruNiagen).

• Like Like x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      Nicotinamide riboside has helped lower your tinnitus a lot? Is your tinnitus noise-induced? I am desperate to get my reactive tinnitus and hyperacusis more stabilized.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Yes, my tinnitus is noise induced. Nicotinamide riboside doesn't help everyone, but it's worth trying.

7. Ela Stefan

Ela Stefan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Can these supplements help when you have had tinnitus for several years? No measurable hearing loss.

How long after your tinnitus onset did you start taking them?

8. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      No improvement in tinnitus for me now that it's worse. When it was minor, there was some improvement. I first started Nicotinamide Riboside around 2018, about 20 years after tinnitus started.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1