Rice Krispie Noises

Discussion in 'Support' started by pinkflea, Apr 25, 2018.

1. pinkflea

pinkflea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does anyone have sporadic, really faint, “rice krispie “, crackling noises in your ear?

2. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Yes. I've heard it referred to paper crumbling as well. I'm 2 months in and at first I would get it for 2-3 days at a time or all the time the first weeks. I now get it for 2-3 hours to half a day at a time.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pinkflea

pinkflea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I asked my ENT and he acted like he had NO idea ...It seems more common when I lay down. Maybe it's related to my sinuses>>>??? It's only in my left ear.

4. New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Some ENT's don't seem to know much about Tinnitus other than diagnosing it. I was told you have T and to deal with it. I got T after a loud noise exposure, I also have hearing loss from a lifetime. The crinkling is getting better with time and dealing with T is getting better with time though there is room for improvement.

I only notice the crinkling when I swallow or move my jaw. Do your ears feel full or just crinkling?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pinkflea

pinkflea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sometimes that ear does feel full, but passes quickly. I've read that your brain just adjusts to all this extraneous noise and it gets fainter. I sure hope so. Guess I enjoyed too many loud rock concerts in my youth...

6. New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The fullness means you may have exposed yourself to some loud music recently that brought you over a threshold and started the ringing. That's what I was told about my T.

I've noticed changes but nothing as fast as I'd like. Have you noticed it getting less intense since last July?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pinkflea

pinkflea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, I can't say it's less intense since last July. Maybe worse. And I have had no "recent" loud exposure.

8. New Guy
      Doh

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It sounds like you've been managing well with it. They say the mind will eventually learn to tune it out. I use a sound oasis S650 playing slightly lower than my T to provide some peace and I keep an S5000 next to my bed for sleeping. Both of these devices have saved me from going nuts when my T is getting to me.

Michael Leigh has a lot of experience with T. I recommend you read his posts. Here's one where he talks about people new to T https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/ If you scroll down you'll find discussion on sound machines.

• Like Like x 1
    9. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      Yes I have crickets sound it comes and goes and it is a part of T. Also, for sleep I use a sound machine and fan.

• Like Like x 1