Ringing Ears After Concert Last Friday

Discussion in 'Support' started by AxlRose, Jul 7, 2016.

1. AxlRose
      Crappy

AxlRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      So I went to a concert, and stupidly I didn't wear any ear plugs and now I'm paying the price. It was loud right away but got worse as the night went on. I was just having a good time and didn't think about putting them in.

Now my right ear is ringing for sure and possible my left. I can only really tell when it's quiet. But they are sore as well. I had an issue with my right ear about 10 years ago. My GF at the time blew in my right ear and it started hurting pretty bad. I went to the doc multiple times and I got answers anywhere from ruptured eardrum to too much wax. It's been sore on and off since then. Coincidentally that's the same ear that's ringing.

I did some online hearing tests and can still hear up to 19Khz. Called the Dr.(no office visit) and they prescribed me prednisone and sudafed. I've also been taking some Magnesium. I'm staying away from loud noises. Any other recommendations? I have an ENT appointment scheduled for later in the month just in case it doesn't get better after my round of steroids.

I really don't want to pay for this for the rest of my life. Is there any hope?

2. alexandrrax

alexandrrax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Oh I went to a concert recently too and i took Prednisone as well and my T went down a bit but increased again ..I hope it get better though, I m positive yours will get back to normal..I used to go concerts when I was small and no ringing in the ears(or in some cases just for 2-3 days and it would go back down) Good luck and keep me updated with the Prednisone.I gave up on it now..

3. bekker

bekker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise / festival
      Even if it stays you Will be fine. You say you only notice it when iTS really quiet. If it would stay you Will get used to it and your focus Will get of the t and it isnt there anymore. Take a rest and eat and drink healty. Also take vitamin supplements and magnesium. The biggest tip i can give you is that you MUST wear earplugs the next time you go to a party, concer or festival with loud music or your t possibly could get worse. If you forget your earplugs don't go to the party and get your earplugs. I have made that mistake and went to a party without my earplugs and after that my ears were really fucked up and iTS not temporarely.

I think your t Will go away or Will be barely noticable after couple of weeks!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AxlRose
      Crappy

AxlRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Thanks for the encouragement!

While I''m trying to have it heal would wearing earplugs help, even when just at home?

5. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      hair cells need some sound stimulation to better survive after a trauma so don't cut yourself from sound totally- but keep it under 60db for as long as you can

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AxlRose
      Crappy

AxlRose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      My ENT appointment isn't for another 3 weeks and my prednisone scrip runs out in 2 days.

Should I visit another GP in the mean time(the first was just over the phone) or should I just wait until my ENT. I don't know how many of these treatments are time sensitive