Ringing Headache

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tom Cnyc, May 16, 2016.

1. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Hey all,

I've joined the torment that is Tinnitus a week ago. I went to a show, that I didn't have any interest in the artist, ironically because my wife and I "won" free tickets. Most expensive night of my life.

Long and short of it is I noticed my ear was sore for a day or two after, but tinnitus didn't really set it for like 3 days. The worst part of it isn't the noise - honestly I can live with that - I have a ripping headache that just won't go away.

Can anyone speak from experience about this phenomenon? Does it improve? I know it's an ambiguous problem to have - but I'd find it comforting to hear some stories. It's hard to concentrate as a result.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Tom,

I'm a long-time tinnitus sufferer myself. Mine also started as a result of loud sound (we had to sit too close to the speakers at a club because there were no other tables left), and I remember right afterward that I suffered from an earache, that lasted for a few days. I don't remember having a headache, but I'm sure it must be common. My problem was that I also suffered for awhile from dizziness and vertigo. All that is gone now, but the tinnitus remains.

Does anyone else remember having a severe headache right after their tinnitus started? Please share your experiences.

Thanks, everyone!

Karen

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      thanks for your response, @Karen. Thankfully the headache has improved a lot - I've done a lot of TMJ massage and overall just calmed down a bit.

I have good days and bad. Some very good. If not for the anxiety / PTSD feeling I'd say I was unaffected. I also have some days where my head is very loud, and not in a "steady" way - it's more like an intermittent fluttering electric sound that ranges in volume quite a bit minute to minute, and then will just fade for hours.

Most strange is I actually commonly perceive it less when wearing earplugs / headphones (not playing music). Confusing condition it is.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Do you feel you have hyperacusis, even slight symptoms? That usually cause most louds to feel very loud and can cause ear pains. If your headache has subsided, most likely it is cause by extreme anxiety because of the T. Usually when you are more calm and settled down, the tension in the head and neck will ease and blood flow will become more normal, and then the headache symptoms will ease too.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @billie48 - Perhaps for the first few days. Not really though - I can listen to music, watch tv, walk through manhattan streets, etc.

I think the headache has backed off most from really working on my neck muscles, particularly SCM massage. I have longstanding thoracic spine issues that I've been in physical therapy for long before my new friend.

I actually don't even mind the very faint ringing in my ears at all. I only mind the shooting electric sound/ feeling at like 13k because in addition to being piercingly high pitched, it "moves". Kind of like an itch I can't scratch. But I seriously hate it.

Overally I'd say my symptoms have improved vastly since I wrote my first post in this thread, however they're still annoying. It's only been 5-6 weeks, hopefully it continues to back off.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I get headaches alot but it's down to being so dizzy most days.
      Sever tinnitus is hard going with menieres and add sever asthma on top it's hard going ......Staying positive a cure will be found.....lots of love glynis