Ringing Won't Go Away After Overdosing on Delsym DXM

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WhyWontItGoAway, Aug 14, 2017.

1. WhyWontItGoAway

WhyWontItGoAway Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 21st, 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Delsym 12 Hour Extended-Release
      A constant mystery, unending ringing, no emotion, diminished thinking ability, limited memory, dead senses, etc. Don't know why I deserve this. Been with me ever since May 21st, 2012 when I took a bottle of Delsym DXM.

No one seems to relate to me on this. Unfair. Endless fear of hell - that that's what the ringing actually is.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Chrisalanw

Chrisalanw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 week
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dxm overdose
      I have the exact same thing going on. I'm scared. Please let me know what the end result of your experience was. Thank you

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. secc

secc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts
      Hi guys how are you doing? I took one tab of musinex dm and it worsened the ringing in my head. I was sick and took it to stop my cough. I’m really scared. This was only 5 hours ago.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Xolohuahua

Xolohuahua Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dxm
      The "bell ringing" sound... Similar to when you use large doses of amphetamines or crack/cocaine is temporary and will stop if you stop drugging. It has to due with high blood pressure and blood flow to the ears. Long term use can result in hearing changes.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      they are talking about NMDAr target disassociative drugs; the mechanism of action is fundamentally different and almost certainly not vascular (my guess would be glutamate-based excitotoxicity).

@secc you're fine from one tablet / normal use, that's going to wear off pretty fast.