San Diego Group

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jeff M., Sep 22, 2016.

1. Jeff M.
      Pooptoast

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey, giving a shout out to all TT people who live in San Diego. I am thinking about forming a group of local tinnitus peeps to meet maybe once a month for coffee or drinks and just hang. We can commiserate, share struggles and victories, and just overall fellowship with some folks that actually get what we are dealing with. Ping me back if you are interested. I already have a couple folks who are into it. Let me know. Peace!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Honey_Bee
      Barefooter

Honey_Bee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      :beeranimation:Woot woot! You know you can count me in!

• Like Like x 1
    3. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      im not from san diego, but i go there very often i love it.
      i think i could join you

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Tech Team Research Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      There is a support group in San Diego listed on the ATA site, not sure what they do but maybe worth checking out:

San Diego Tinnitus Support Group
      Meetings are typically held on the 1st Tuesday of each month. Jack Innis NA
      Jinnis1@san.rr.com

• Like Like x 1
    5. Michael B

Michael B Member

I've attended the San Diego group. They used to meet in Claremont but now I believe in University City. Jack is a great guy and tries to provide guest speakers. You can certainly start a group if you'd like, but if you're interested in attending a group, I'd suggest his.

• Like Like x 3
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jeff M.
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Thanks guys! I will contact Jack. Thanks for the heads up. @Mario martz I will keep you posted. I will also post if we start a new group. Best to all TT peeps!!

• Like Like x 2
    7. Ben In SD
      Supportive

Ben In SD Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      Hi,

I know this thread is old, but are there still any T support groups in San Diego?

8. Honey_Bee
      Barefooter

Honey_Bee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Hi @Ben In SD!! Welcome! I see you are a fellow San dieogan (I know I spelled that wrong) I know @Jeff M. was looking into a group that meets in University City. How are you doing?? Tinnitus can be a beast when you first get it and not to sound like a broken record but it WILL get better

9. Ben In SD
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      Thanks. I'm actually struggling. 3 weeks in. Can't sleep. Baby on the way. And stress through the roof. I guess I'm just trying to cope one day at a time and was searching to see if there was some sort of support group near me. I know everyone says it gets better, but I'm just focussing on taking it one day at a time.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing
      @Ben In SD
      How do you know that it's just natural hearing loss at your age as your cause of Tinnitus?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jeff M.
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hi @Ben In SD !! Glad to see that you're reaching out here on tinnitus talk. @Honey_Bee let me know that you were posting on here. This is a great resource for support and information. You're definitely a newbie. And the beginning totally sucks! Not going to lie. But you're going to get through this dude if there's anything I can do for you let me know I can share my experience with you and let you know what I have done to habituate and what I did in the beginning to survive. But you must have hope and know that you're going to get through this. Because I did and I didn't think it was possible! If you want to grab a beer or something someday let me know also if you wanted information about the support group in University City I can also give that to you. Have a great weekend!

12. Honey_Bee
      Barefooter

Honey_Bee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      @Ben In SD, @Jeff M. is the best! His post def helped in my early stages. Now we actually talk daily and the best part? It's never about tinnitus! But we are both here to help absolutely. Plus, San Diego people are just plain awesome. Hang in there! I thought the same thing you did when I got tinnitus at 31. My life is over. But almost three years later it's just a part of me, like my almost continuous running injuries lol read the success stories, they help the most right now. Try not to google too much, the information is not helpful and will just make things worse. Keep busy! And sounds like you are with a baby on the way!! Congratulations!! Let us know if you ever want to talk, if more than anything we are absolutely ridiculous and will keep you entertained

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Ben In SD
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      Wow. Thank you both so much. Just reading that has given me a little hope. Right now I feel so isolated and my poor pregnant wife is doing everything she can to hold our family together. I have some doctor's appointments next week, but I think I could use someone to talk to. Like I said, this has put a ton of stress on my wife and I don't want to bring her down any more than I already have. Thanks again guys. It really means a lot. I'll keep you posted on the doctor's appointments and hopefully we can chat sometime soon.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1