Scam?: TinniStop — New Homeopathic Treatment (Just 'Another One'?)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Paul10, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I came across this article today;
      http://www.pharmpro.com/news/2017/03/otc-medicine-introduced-relieve-tinnitus-symptoms

And see that 'TinniStop' is now available as of March 2017. They have a bold statement on their Facebook page:

"If you are not satisfied with TinniStop for any reason within 60 days, we will fully refund your purchase price, including shipping costs, no questions asked."

I can't see what's to lose with that guarantee, but I've seen so many of these "cure in a bottle" before (though I haven't tried any, except supplements) and the name is gimmicky. I like to be a bit optimistic but I'm skeptical. Their slogan on their website (tinnistop.com) is "Tinnitus Relief Guaranteed" which again seems a bit of a bold statement. They claim to be patent-pending and FDA-approved to manufacture.

Just saw on their website that it's only available in the USA. That's a downer as I'm European.

Has anyone tried this yet or want to give it a go? Since I and non-Americans can't buy it, I'd definitely like to hear from anyone who gives it a go.

2. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @Paul10

This is certainly a scam. Check the name of the "homeopathic" components. They are just laughable. Remember that there are many people that want to take money from T sufferers that are easy prey. The hard reality is that nearly nothing works, and even when there are positive reports is difficult to tell from placebo or self-serving comments. There are a few successful cases from very specific root causes, but for the immense majority there is nothing out there. During the last few years we have witnessed the failure of AM-101, AUT-0063.... . Retigabine has had some positive results, but it is a drug with many side effects and being retired of the market. We are stil in the medical Stone Age when it comes to T.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Very true InfiniteLoop but I believe homeopathic remedies can help with many ailments, and they seem to be popular on Facebook already; it's worth at least someone giving it a go and seeing how it goes so we all know to put another one on the do not use list. I've checked Amazon etc. and there really isn't any way to get it outside the USA.

PS: other ingredients (not listed) are Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Microcrystalline Cellulose. Found on: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=22f0281d-d8cf-40da-9ac6-ef3a89e748f5

Magnesium has popped up a few times in the supplement chats but I haven't tried it.

4. Wayne Josephson

Wayne Josephson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      TinniStop is not a scam. I was skeptical about homeopathy, too, until I took these three remedies. Within a month, my tinnitus was nearly gone. I founded the company to help others. Give it a chance.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
    5. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      TinniStop is a scam. I was foolish enough to test out many homeopathic medicines.

Watch the presentation by James Randi, it changed my understanding of homeopathy.

After it look up the placebo effect, and you will see why homeopathy works for some people.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      Since your web site claims patent pending, could you provide the patent application number? A quick search of patent applications and patents under your name did not turn up anything.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I don't know exactly what homeopathy is, I presumed it was simply natural supplements; I honestly don't see why the right natural supplements couldn't help if we got the right combo. I know Valium helps, but that's not a long-term solution by any means. I really think a group of people here should try this out and update us on how they found it.

8. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Are you @Wayne Josephson's alter ego by any chance?

Did you watch the video I linked to? It tells you exactly why homeopathic medicines are scams and frauds.

Don't believe everything you read.

9. Wayne Josephson

Wayne Josephson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      My provisional patent application for “Homeopathic Composition for Treatment of Tinnitus” was filed on 12/30/16 with the United States Patent & Trademark Office. Application number 62/440,474.

And regarding homeopathic remedies, granted they may not work for everyone. But they worked for me. The absence of intolerable ringing and buzzing in my ears is no placebo effect--it is real.

I would never ask anyone to pay for a product that doesn't work. That's why TinniStop has a money back guarantee

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      No. And I don't believe everything I read. I didn't watch the video, mainly because it's 17 minutes long but honestly, even if it's a placebo effect, then I'd rather be blissfully ignorant. Honestly, at this point, I don't want to be told it won't work. Sounds silly, I know. I'm going to an acupuncturist and I know there's a lot of negative comments about that here also, but I'm open to anything. It's 1.32am am I can't sleep. I'm seeing my audiologist tomorrow, will run things by her but she is very unreceptive to anything I've ran past her before, including acupuncture.

12. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      You rather spend $25 on a scam than watch a 17 minute video to educate yourself.

World is full of fools like yourself and that's why homeopathy is a $billion dollar business.

You should also try energy healing, urine health tonic, energy-deflecting golfer pendant...

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Can you upload a copy of your patent application for viewing? I can't find it online with the information you included?

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Is there really any need for name-calling? I never said I believed anything. I haven't tried anything. Good luck to you. Looks like I've opened up a hornets nest. Should have stayed in the success stories section I guess.

15. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @Wayne Josephson

I can not imagine that you started a company based just on your personal experience. You must have more data from other people showing that it works. What were the results of those trials?

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I'd really like to know this also if trials were carried out. If not - can someone in America just try it and let us know if it helped. My ears feel like knives are being sharpened.

17. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      A quick google search, even on homeopathic websites - states nothing of tinnitus.

Before everyone calls him a quack or a con man - I think people should at least hear out his claims. That said, I'm HIGHLY skeptical.

Where did you come across these herbs to initially test them on yourself?

Also - anyone outside of the US can simply order those ingredients separately.

18. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When I look on the website it says "Available Worldwide" and when I add a bottle to the cart and check out, there is a drop down box to select any country. So it would seem to be available to anyone, not just those in the United States.

https://www.tinnistop.com/

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Yeah just got an e-mail saying it's available International now.

• Like Like x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    20. Nick07
      Balanced

Nick07 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise or unknown
      @Paul10 It sounds like one of the many products out there already claiming to put a stop to tinnitus, but if you do get be sure to report your results back here good or bad.

21. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      All homeopathic medicine is not quackery. And for tinnitus sufferers we will take placebo effects if we have to. My brother years ago had painful, debilitating migraines- western medicine did jack for him (not to mention inconsiderate, unempathetic, take-a-pill-get-out-of-my-office-esque doctors), however he tried acupuncture, and it worked. He now swears by it and does everything he can to promote it. The difference is night and day.

It may work for some, may not work for others.

To Mr. Josephson-

Having said that, this TinniStop- is there any data to back up the claims? You have to be understandable to the fact that a large portion of sufferers are skeptical, but that's for a reason. Doesn't mean I don't have an open mind personally...

I'm in Canada but have lots of family in the States who will order this for me if I ask them to and bring it on a visit (I live close to a border crossing). Again, I'm a skeptic, but I'm willing to hear claims. I need information, that sort of thing... the money back guarantee if impressive but not enough to convince me at the moment. If your product if proven to work, I'll be the first to order it, and then shout it out from a rooftop and promote the hell out of it.

My two cents, I hope they're fair.

• Agree Agree x 2
    22. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It is available to be shipped directly to any country now.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I was going to try acupuncture but most results here are negative. I guess since it's a forum for T 'suffers' it's natural for not too many acupuncture success stories to be here, but it's expensive and I feel like it's a financial risk. I e-mailed one in my area and still might give it a go. Going through one of those T-hopeless periods right now. Maybe tomorrow will be different. I agree 100% re: placebo; I'd happily take it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I decided to contact the creator of TinniStop directly via e-mail, about potential data he may have... here is his response:

"Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your interest. Since this is a homeopathic product, there were no clinical trials. However, I can personally attest that TinniStop works. My tinnitus was very bad for years, and within two months it was nearly gone.

The guarantee pledges that if you are not satisfied, we will fully refund your purchase price.

Thanks!

Wayne Josephson"

Thoughts?

• Informative Informative x 2
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I dunno, I'm not feeling positive about anything right now. 180 on a few weeks ago unfortunately. If it worked, then it would be front page news, right? Or maybe it's just not been tried by enough people to make news. Guess someone is gonna have to try it, don't know why I haven't yet. I'm messaging some of the people on Facebook who 'liked' the TinniStop page; waiting on some feedback from them to see if they tried it.

• Like Like x 2
    26. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Another update. I contacted the company owner. He said he's willing to send me a bottle of this, free of charge, and said if it works the way he believes it will, the word of mouth would be worth more than me paying for it...

• Like Like x 4
    27. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Paul, magnesium stearate is used as a lubricant to make the manufacturing process easier. It's in most multivitamins, and is not good for you. Microcrystalline cellulose is just an inert bulking agent that is essentially wood pulp.

Homeopathy has absolutely no scientific grounding whatsoever. It's actually absurd really, and can only possibly work as a placebo. The ingredients are distilled to oblivion, so basically you are ingesting absolutely nothing. You've got more chance of curing yourself from a bottle of mineral water, and that's a fact.

Money back guarantees are always used on worthless products. Basically, anytime I see a money back guarantee I know it's almost certainly a crock, and stay away. Good products never offer this and don't need to. It works on the principle of trust, and people still fall for it. Manufacturers of these scam products know that most people simply can't be bothered to send the stuff back once they have it; whether it works or not. This is a known statistical fact that is exploited.

Anytime I see a money back guarantee on anything it puts me right off. Stuff that works doesn't need a safety net for the buyers.

Think about it.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    28. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      "It is no placebo effect, it is real?"

Where's your double blind clinical study? It's laughable that you can base your scientific proof on the story that it worked for you. Tinnitus can just go on it's own anyway! If I was eating a load of bananas just prior to my tinnitus vanishing, would it be ok for me to market bananas as the cure we are all looking for? After all I was eating bananas before it went, so it must have been them right?

Sometimes logic just goes right out the window. If you really had something it would be in every medical journal overnight. You need to back up your claims with a clinical trial that shows it's better than a placebo.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. Fernando81
      Alone

Fernando81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety - stress
      Many people become skpetical of everything.
      Accupunture, homepathic, meditation, therapy, hope and finally... of their own strength. Not just skeptical, but rude and impolite too. For them, T has alredy won the battle.

• Funny Funny x 1
    30. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I'm skeptical when people are getting ripped off buying products that are no better than drinking water. I hate to see people profiteering from the suffering of others via snake oil products. Desperate people will try anything and these con men know it. Sorry to be blunt but it needs to be said.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1