Scam?: Tinnitus Terminator

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by LouRich, Jun 16, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. LouRich
      Balanced

LouRich Member

Tinnitus Since:
      husband has it
      Does anyone know anything about the product/system called Tinnitus-Terminator? Has anyone tried it? It seems to have a lot of reviews, but all by the person who developed the system. I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried it? It's a sound, or vibration-matching system, I think.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Wonder if James Cameron has tried it?

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Sounds bogus. Every time I read something and it starts with something like "simple two-step technique that will solve all your problems" I can hear my T. going up in volume 10-fold. Oh wait, that's just the alarm bells, never mind...

• Funny Funny x 3
    4. Silvio Sabo
      Pooptoast

Silvio Sabo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise - I think
      Here's another quote "The sound therapy included in Tinnitus Terminator has to be listening by sufferers to eliminate the ringing in ears faster than any other surgery of therapy."

Jeez, I didn't know there were any surgeries or therapies that eliminates T. Where do I sign up for those?! :eek:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Big Pharma don't want me to know about this hahah. They always use this line.

• Like x 1
      • Agree x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Genius x 1
      • Funny x 1
      • Winner x 1
    6. LouRich
      Balanced

LouRich Member

Tinnitus Since:
      husband has it
    7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Find Out Why Big Pharma Hates This One Weird Trick for Tinnitus Relief!

this is bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 4
    8. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      LouRich you have registered today and your only posts are asking about this snake oil product. Are you the creator of the product?

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
    10. LouRich
      Balanced

LouRich Member

Tinnitus Since:
      husband has it
      Of course I'm not the creator of the product. I registered in order to ask the question, so yes, it's my question. My husband has this condition, but he won't seek any kind of treatment, so I was looking around and saw this product, but no reliable reviews to go with it. So I registered here to see if anyone knew anything about it. I thought that this forum would be a good place to ask. Why is that a problem? I don't know that it's "snake oil". I have no idea. If no one has tried it, how would anyone know?

11. LouRich
      Balanced

LouRich Member

Tinnitus Since:
      husband has it
      Oh by the way, the reason I provided the link is because someone else asked me to do so after I posted my original question.

12. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      There are a ton of tinnitus products on the internet and they're all crap, they are all marketed through shady looking websites, those websites have a particular look and feel to them, and once you've seen about a dozen different ones over the years, then you get pretty good at recognizing them.

Further, many of these product makers are in the habit of hiring astroturfters to sign up for accounts on tinnitus forums and draw attention to their products. Hence, whenever someone makes an account on a tinnitus forum for the explicit purpose of drawing attention to such a product, people who have seen this happen a number of time over the years will just assume that person is an astroturfer.

If you are not an astroturfer, then the answer to your question is "this product is garbage which will relieve you of nothing except your money".

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Linearb ..thank you well said.

14. LouRich
      Balanced

LouRich Member

Tinnitus Since:
      husband has it
      Thank you for your response. I'm not an astroturfer, just a regular person who had a question. From what I can see here, without exploring every word on every page, no one has the solution to this tinnitus problem.

15. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Yes, you're correct; as far as an actual cure which will reduce the volume or eliminate the sound in a majority of people, nothing like that exists.

As far as management goes, different people have different strategies, and everyone responds differently. Some people are able to pretty quickly get to a point where the condition doesn't bother them much, even if it's pretty loud -- other people struggle hard to regain any quality of life at all, even if their ear ringing isn't that loud volume wise.

As someone who has this condition and would still say that I'm pretty happy with life most of the time, there's a short list of things that have worked for me, and a much longer list of things that had no effect at all -- but figuring out what is on those lists took a lot of time and effort, and the things that work for me don't necessarily work for others.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    16. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yup Scammy

• Like Like x 1
    17. earsnothappy

earsnothappy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2014
      It seems to be a sound therapy. Listening to special recordings a few minutes a day. They want $47 for access to the system and comes with a 60 day money back. It just seems like a scam though. If it worked I'd think we would have heard about it here by someone posting about it working.

• Like Like x 1
    18. JRMEYER

JRMEYER Member

Tinnitus Since:
      The maker of Tinnitus Terminator cannot even pronounce TIN-AH-TUS (Not TIN-I-TUS) correctly.

19. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Tinnitus can be pronounced both ways. Both are correct.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Come with me if you want to live lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    21. grate_biff
      No Mood

grate_biff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      aucustic trauma, benzo withdrawl or both
      Sarah Conner! I was told she is here. Can I see her please?

22. globalion
      Depressed

globalion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1995
      This is an example of how insidious web-based sales have become. A Google search of Tinnitus Terminator brings up several pages of reviews, blogs, forums, media outlets, etc. But upon scrutiny, they all end up being promotions for the product.

The University of San Francisco has a program, that this is modeled after, that is supposedly successful in treating tinnitus. The USF treatment costs $5,000. Tinnitus Terminator costs $47. Even given the under-handed sales tactics, I am tempted to give it a try. But I am too poor to risk the $47. I would love to hear from somebody here is willing to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      "Tinnitus Ridiculator" is the patented name. Distributed by "BS Enterprises. Company slogan: Ripping off the world, a dollar at a time."

• Like Like x 1
    24. earsnothappy

earsnothappy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2014
      My thoughts are if the University of San Francisco can cure tinnitus for $5000, than I think we'd have heard about people being cured there by now. I'm sure there's plenty of people including myself that'd pay $5k to be cured of this noise.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    25. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Sure why not?? First you'd need to buy my new tinnitus treatment plan...100% money back guarantee

Money back guarantee only lasts five minutes from purchase.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    26. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
    27. Tennrltr
      Depressed

Tennrltr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fall in 2014
      He talks wayyyyyyyyy to long. Get to the point. By time he gets thru you should already be cured. Don't need is product.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      scam and a paid advert

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    29. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      its what I thought too
      People suck

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. Jackh

Jackh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I registered here to report on this program. I am on day 9 of this therapy and thus far there has been no change in my tinnitus. I will go through it all, only takes 15 min a day so no big wup.

Yes, I paid the $47 since it has the money back guarentee. Now the strange part......

I was charges on amount on my CC. Went to the link and DL'd the sound files. My CC was charged the $47. But the next day I get an email that they posted a refund of $47 to my card. Sure enough it was indeed credited back to me. I never asked for a refund since I just got it!

What have you got to lose? Nothing from the start in my experience.

I will complete the program and see what happens. Actually the concept seems plausible, re training your brain to "cancel" this white noise we suffer from. Who knows?

• Like Like x 3
      • Good Question Good Question x 1