Searching for HQ-Recording of Great Green Bush-Cricket, Does Anyone Know Where to Get It?

Discussion in 'Support' started by SilverEar, May 18, 2017.

1. SilverEar

SilverEar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High sound
      Hello everyone,

My husband has very severe tinnitus that of course effects his life very much, with no deep sleep, and so on.

When he once walked by Great Green Bush-crickets (Tettigonia viridissima), it masked the T very well, more than any whie noise-generators (which don´t mask well at all for him) or anything else he´d ever tried.
      So now we´re looking for a high quality recording of that cricket. There are some recordings online (that´s how he was able to identify the species) but those are not of enough high quality, they don´t have all the frequencies left, that are there in reality.

Does anyone know where we can find HQ-recordings of this? I am going to search everywhere until I find it, but I thought I´d start here because someone might know about it. I would really appreciate any piece of advice.

Thanks for reading.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SilverEar

SilverEar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High sound
      Hi again,

Maybe there is a post already just on cricket sounds? Anyway, I haven´t found it so I thought I´d expand my original post a little bit to just talking about... cricket sounds for masking purposes.

I think I will add a link to some cricket sounds... Maybe it can help someone´s tinnitus.
      But PLEASE NOTE that these are not very good recordings (for this purpose) as some frequencies are left out because of the recording techniques (they have listed which kind of equipment they have used and those simply doens´t take up all frequencies). So with a more advanced equipment these sounds could sound different (for a very trained ear)- or cover some annoying sounds for someone with T (as I know it is for sure with the sound of the Great Green Bush- cricket)

Here it is. It´s in swedish but I think you´ll find the links to some different sounds.

http://www.nrm.se/faktaomnaturenoch...syrsor/lyssnapavartbitareochsyrsor.17177.html

Turns out the cricket which sound I am looking for lives mainly in Europe and North Africa. (Makes me think that maybe there is an even more suitable cricket sound for my husband´s T somewhere else in the world that he´s never heard... but I´d be very happy if I find a good recording of this one.)
      In my searchings so far, I have come across so many more species of crickets than I thought there were. Haven´t really thought about those too much until now ;)

It would be interesting to hear others´experiences on what this post is about.

Also, if we can´t find good recordings, we will hire someone to go to an area of these crickets and make a recording in exactly the needed way. But I hope we´ll find an easier, and faster, way.

/Silver Ear

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hate to be a naysayer, but my hard experience is that recordings of nature or water are never as pleasant, or useful for masking, as the real deal -- even with extremely sophisticated equipment and stupidly expensive speakers, there's a limit to the fidelity that you get, especially in very high pitches.

this is the best thing I'm aware of:
      Woodland Nightfall

there's a version for sale on Amazon that's probably somewhat higher fidelity than Youtube.