Feedback Section to Add Tinnitus Story / History

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Ishank, Mar 27, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Ishank

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I was wondering if its possible to add a section to every profile page of forum members, where they can share their story about how they get T, and what they believe about the cause of their T ?

Initially I thought, we all can write and share our T story on our "profile post" section; so anyone visiting the profile would learn many useful information about T. But it would be great if we have a new section for adding this on every profile page.

T is mystery in itself. especially when its idiopathic. This section (on every profile page) would be really helpful for new members and researchers (if they are reading this forum).

2. Markku

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We do have the About You section (you can set yours up here:
      Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 3.18.32.png

The content of this is then shown within the Information tab under each member's profile (as an example, @Zimichael's About You):
      Screen Shot 2014-03-28 at 3.21.48.png

Sure, maybe we should implement another tab titled "My Tinnitus Story" or something like that.

In the meanwhile though, you could go fill the above About You information.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Zimichael

Zimichael Member Benefactor

N. California
      Tinnitus Since:
      (1956) > 1980 > 2006 > 2012 > (2015)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ac. Trauma & Ac.Trauma + Meds.
      Markku...I am honoured that you would use my profile as an example, but of course I know why too, as I asked for the same thing in our back and forth discussion! And also, of course, no sweat...I have no inhibitions about "exposure".
      On another note, I have been very quiet of late due to the onset of now almost complete isolation since divorce proceedings with my wife of 7 1/2 years...It is long overdue and the right thing to do, but boy it brings back the demons of loneliness that the tinnitus/huperacusis makes even more deep and entrenched.
      I'm struggling...I know there is just TIME needed but it can take years and it has only been a month.
      Day by day, with just me, myself and my shadow mainly - if the sun is out (which it has not been, as the Gods decided California would maybe dodge the crisis drought for maybe a mini drought...much late rains of late).

Take care, Michael
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Song interpreter

Song interpreter Member

Southern California
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much noise
      I wrote my Tinnitus story right where you said. I wanted to share an update that I'm pretty excited about! It doesn't cure or reduce my tinnitus, but it should protect me from another spike and increase from my greatest exposure, the stage monitors.

I'm encouraged!