Shake Gave Me Days of Silence

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Rachael, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      After about 3 years with consistent mild to moderate noise-induced tinnitus: I drank daily smoothies blended with: stalks of celery, fresh ginger (one inch), garlic (1-4 cloves) and kale or spinach with water. I also snacked on avocados, carrots and eggs. In about a month, my tinnitus noticeably reduced, and I had several days I did not hear anything while I was drinking the smoothies (first time in three years). I stopped drinking them, and I have a bit of T again, but quieter than before. I will start drinking the smoothies again to get back into the habit.

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    2. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Could you give a little more info about your tinnitus please, eg. How long you had it before this happened, etc? Often t does get better in the first few months. Congrats though - either way it is a good result for you. :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      3 years with consistent mild to moderate noise-induced tinnitus. I had never had silent days before then.

• Like Like x 1
    4. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      OK thanks. I guess that is worth a bit of garlic breath.

• Funny Funny x 2
    5. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      @Rachael What led you to try this particular blend for a smoothie? Were you experimenting with things you thought might work, or did you find the recipe somewhere? Was there anything else going on in your life that might have led to a reduction in T; for example, less stress?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I just started the shake for over all health benefits and energy, as celery, ginger and garlic can increase circulation. I think it was the shake, because I never had silence for three years before.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      My friend told me the recipe, it was supposed to be the "Green Hulk" smoothie

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I found avocado helps with the garlic breath.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Also I blended carrots with the smoothie sometimes. This article says that vitamin A can help with symptoms:

Although not scientifically proven, anecdotal evidence suggests that vitamin A supplements reduce the symptoms of tinnitus. Poor blood flow to the ears contributes to hearing loss, and vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that removes harmful free-radicals from blood vessels, and is needed for collagen production and tissue repair. Carrot juice is a sound source of vitamin C, as well as B-6. Vitamin B-6 is needed for efficient nerve transmission, which is helpful when loud noises harm some of the nerve fibers in your ear.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/484690-carrot-juice-and-hearing-loss/

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rachael

Rachael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      • Vitamin A is necessary for auditory functioning.
      • Multi B group vitamins may help to reduce the severity of Tinnitus. Supplementing with a B group multivitamin may also behelpful in cases of Meniere’s disease (one cause of Tinnitus).
      • Vitamin B12 has been found to be deficient in some people with Tinnitus. Taking this vitamin may help to reduce the symptoms of Tinnitus.
      • Magnesium is a very important mineral for the nervous system. Adequate magnesium levels are needed for proper functioning of the hearing pathway. Magnesium exhibits a protective in cases of noise-induced hearing loss and Tinnitus.
      • Ginkgo biloba has a long history of use in treating Tinnitus. It is thought to improve circulation of blood to the inner ear.

• Informative Informative x 2
    11. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      I have no idea why Ginkgo has a long history of treating T. It has failed to show any efficacy again and again in many trials.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    12. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    13. Irene Bloom
      Confused

Irene Bloom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety
      Such a great story! Has anyone else experienced improvements from the shake? I stared it today, so we'll see what happens :)

14. patty

patty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I took fish oil, 1 T of black strap molasses, and 1 T of organic apple cider vinegar for about 2 weeks straight. I did it because I had a bit of a health scare (the big C, it turned out to be nothing). I had read online that this combo shrinks tumors.

My T went completely away for three days. I was so stressed by other things that I couldn't really grasp what happened. But I would listen to it here and there and say to myself "wow it's gone". My T is mild and mostly I am habituated, but I am going to try this regimen in the fall and see if I could duplicate it.

• Like Like x 2
    15. Manuel Tissm
      Angry

Manuel Tissm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I tried, but the flavor was horrible and always got a tummy ache.
      Keep us informed.

16. Manuel Tissm
      Angry

Manuel Tissm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      the flavor was OK?

17. Irene Bloom
      Confused

Irene Bloom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety
      Yes, I can agree, but if it gives me days of silence, I'm ready to take it :)

18. patty

patty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      The taste of the apple cider vinegar was not that great but I mixed it with water to make it drinkable. The black strap molasses was not too bad. I also diluted it with water. Both have a lot of health benefits.

19. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
    20. Irene Bloom
      Confused

Irene Bloom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety
      @Rina hey, I took it several days, but it didn't change anything, I don't know it might have changed if I took it more days..

21. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Thanks @Irene Bloom ... I will give it a try will let you know how it works for me

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    22. Lyman

Lyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Two months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Damn doctor prescribed medication.
      I have T. I would like to know what do you eat for daily meals. Foods that don't add to the ringing.
      And how do I maintain weight loss do to only eating limited salads and not knowing what to eat?
      Were can I get recipes for Tinnitus?
      Plus what fruits can I eat or not eat?
      Thanks

23. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, daikon radish, avocados, persimmons, mangoes, frozen broccoli, frozen cauliflower, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen blackberries, frozen fish, rice milk. The above is pretty much a complete list of what I have been eating for the past 15 years. I mostly eat the fruits and vegetables raw. I heat up the frozen fruits and vegetables in my microwave, and I boil the frozen fish.

24. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I found some sushi at a local grocery store that seems to super spikes my tinnitus.

25. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Did they do anything?

26. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      They don't make my T worse. There is a small chance that if I my diet were to be less healthy, my T would be worse than it is now.

• Like Like x 1
    27. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I forgot to mention eggs, egg whites, and extra virgin olive oil.