Shower and Faucet Masking

Discussion in 'Support' started by BobK544, Jan 2, 2018.

1. BobK544

BobK544 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      suspect sulfur medication
      Hello, I'm new to this forum and have been trying a number of rain and white noise sounds, but they don't seem to match the high shrill sounds in both ears. However I noticed that when I'm in the shower or running the faucet, those sounds seem to do a pretty good job distracting me from those shrill tones.

So I'm wondering if anyone has found a shower or faucet sound that comes close to the real deal?

And right now what I've tried is downloading from the myNoise site onto an MP3 player and I then run the audio headphone output from the MP3 into a small amplifier with speakers on both sides of the bed and elevated to ear level.

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      There's a YouTube video of a running shower that might help. I personally listen to the sound of crickets. Sound Oasis has one called Summer Night. It really seems to hit the 'sweet spot' for my tinnitus. I listen to it on my sound machine as well as through a pillow speaker at night. Then during the day, if my tinnitus is bad enough, I listen to it via Bluetooth to a hearing aid.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BobK544

BobK544 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      suspect sulfur medication
      thanks Michael will try that, best of hope!

4. MikeV

MikeV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown