Sicilian train horn..

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gosia, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hi there..I'd been doing fine of late and I went for dream holidays to Sicily. I left aside fears of the journey by plane etc and indeed, that was ok..but today all my thoughts are around T again. We were going to catch the train back from Marsala to Trapani. They are small , old trains with two compartiments only and well, the train honked while we were ..I don't know. .maybe 10 meters away rrom it. It was a second long, but still.. fu..ing loud it seeled to me. I didn't notice any spike right after but I was outside ajd now at the hotel it seems to me noise is louder. Is there anybody here from Italy who could tell me how loud are this small funny trains ( or theif horns) and if anybody left unhurt from such an encounter ? I'm having a sleepless night again..

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      1. Therefore train horns are louder and lower in frequency than car horns, so that they can be heard at longer distances. The sound level is 146–175 dB. In the US, train horns are required to have a minimum sound level of 96 dBand a maximum sound level of 110 dB at 100 ft in front of the train. @Gosia

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      146-176? You mean louder than plane or a bomb? I would be dead. Anyway, I was asking about italian trains cause about them I can't find any info..

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      I was so happy until yesterday, now my holidays are ruined.. is there anybody from Palermo here? Seems that I'm in the noisiest town in Europe, heh..