Sign of Eustachian Tube Blockage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by DougDude, Apr 26, 2018.

1. DougDude

DougDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      PT = DAVF (Cured), Regular T = Unknown, Surgery, Sound?
      Yesterday morning my pulsatile tinnitus was gone... and I mean it was completely gone! I couldn't believe it. However, I noticed my left nostril was completely clogged... I mean very clogged! I didn't care!... I was enjoying the silence... the oh so sweet silence. So I rolled back to my left side gently and it was still gone... however for about 10 seconds I heard a very faint squeak pulse, but that was it. I decided to enjoy the silence for about 5 minutes. After the five minutes I blew my nose. Nothing came out as it was very congested. Unfortunately the blowing of the nose made the pulsatile tinnitus come back.

My pulsatile tinnitus keeps changing sounds... usually with some sort of popping sensation/sound when it changes.

Can all this mean it is my Eustachian tube? I've been taking Flonase for a week or so and Sudafed 1 or 2 times a day. I also just started Guaifenesin last night after I read that can help Eustachian tubes.

I've been worrying I have a fistula or tumor. I guess I will find out soon enough as I have an MRA tomorrow morning... I'm pretty nervous.

Just curious if there is a sign that my Eustachian tube is playing a roll. I don't really have any other symptoms right now. My congestion went away for the most part, but I occasionally feel drainage at the back of my throat. No fever, no headaches really, no pain, but I do feel pressure sometimes in my pulsatile tinnitus ear.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Russell Grimes

Russell Grimes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Doug. Have your problems resolved?

3. martinberryhorse

martinberryhorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Aug 5, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One hard cough
      Any noticeable crackling, popping, etc. sounds when you swallow? You will hear it right in the ear, not in the throat.