[Simpsons] Hi Everybody!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HighStrung, Dec 16, 2015.

1. HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Hi Dr Nick! [/Simpsons]

Hi folks,

I had tinnitus develop suddenly on Oct 31 of this year. I'd been having some pretty bad anxiety for 3-4 months leading up to it, but no tinnitus, except for once in great while, years and years apart I'd get a high pitched sound in one ear for a few seconds.

My tinnitus came on with a vengeance. First in one ear, then both, then switching around, with lots of different sounds and a loud volume.

First thing I did was go to my Chiropractor. He gave me an adjustment that did nothing. Then I went to my DO, who gave me magnesium supplements and told me that it would probably clear up in 2-3 weeks.

Then I went to a highly regarded Oto-Nuerologist, who subscribed supplements and clonazepam. (I read about the dangers of clonazepam, and have never taken more than .125 mg in a day, usually .0625 mg on an as-needed basis) and suggested the hearing aid type retraining device.

Turns out I have reactive tinnitus, which he says is the hardest kind to treat, but has had high success rates with the appliance thingy he recommends. So I bought it, but it hasn't arrived yet, and I understand it will still take months to habituate.

However, I went back to my DO, who recommended I hire an electrosmog technician to audit my house. Evidently, she had personal experience with this. She'd been feeling generally crappy and had ringing in her ears, then she and her husband went on a 4 week "treehouse" vacation somewhere way away from civilization, no electricty, no cell phone service etc. The first week she felt great and her ears stopped ringing. Stayed like that for the duration of the trip. When she returned home to the city, her symptoms all reappeared within a week. One of her patients referred her to an EMF technician, who audited her house, found and corrected faulty wiring, advised he to get some dirty electricity filters and afterwards her symptoms vanished again.

So I hired the guy to do an audit on my house. He did, and said it was the dirtiest house he'd ever seen, EMF wise, and advised me to move. He felt so sorry for my obvious misery that he called a few days later and invited me to visit him in his home, which is way out of the city and away from any cell towers or high tension lines. I went out, and within an hour and a half of being there, my ears quieted down, and then went silent. For hours. Then I made a cell phone call and they started ringing again. I stayed there the entire night, but they didn't stop again.

The Technician took some readings with his various sensors and said there was a very low frequency pulse going through the ground that he'd never seen before.He theorized that it had something to do with the military doing exercises in town that week, and though they might be using some new technology for communications.

You'd think that having my ears shut off for a few hours like that would have made a believer out of me, but not necessarily. The Technician told me later that a whole bunch of clients he'd helped before were calling him that week and complained that things weren't working anymore. He thought that confirmed him military communication theory. BUT, that same week, my ears went almost silent for three days. And I was in town, in my EMF dirty house, getting hammered by a smart meter, wi-fi router and using my smart phone. Those are supposedly the worst offenders, I've since been told.

I'm going to test this idea a little further this weekend by going on a 3 day camping trip waaaaaaaaaay out in the boonies to see if my ears go quiet again. If they do, I'll figure that's pretty compelling evidence that "electro-smog" may be the culprit.

I'll keep you all posted, if you're interested. BTW, my hearing test showed moderate age-related hearing loss, and a little bit of loss in the high frequencies that may be job-related.

Another thing that I'd like to throw out: I was seeing a chiropractor who did the kind of neck adjustment where they twist your head quickly to each side. The Oto-neurologist was horrified when I told him that. He said that in his experience that kind of adjustment, if it has any effect on tinnitus, is to make it worse, maybe permanently. He recommended a Chiropractor who does pressure point massage. I found one, but he's booked until after new year. Again, I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      One other thing I'm going to try is hypnosis. My Oto-neurologis thought that would be helpful, particularly Ericksonian hypnosis. Again, I'll keep you posted if you're interested.

3. John G

John G Member

Hey HighStrung ,

Please let us know how you feel after your 3 day camping trip. I am always curious as to what all those dam signals/waves in the air do to us.

Try not to use your cellphone too much. Although I bet that will be hard to do.Worth a shot though

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      I'll definitely let you know. I don't know what to make of the electro-smog stuff either. My first experience was pretty powerful, but I haven't been able to duplicate it. The reading I've done about it consists of MD's and PhD's on both sides, each claiming the other side are liars and sell-outs.

I did put Graham-Stetzer filters in my house, which are supposed to clean up dirty electricity, but I can't tell if they're really doing anything.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      That's interesting. I have often wondered how appliances, etc have an certain effect on T levels. I am surrounded at work with computers, cell phones, power lines, etc. I notice I have more migraines at work than at my home. Very interesting.

6. John G

John G Member

One thing I notice.I am not sure if its all in my head ..ha ha. At home, when I am on my cell phone checking the internet while using wifi. When I click to look at another page...my T gets louder for a split second when the page is changing.

Maybe I am imagining it...who knows

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Well, I've had an unpleasant experience with cell phones the last two days. After three days of the tinnitus being quiet enough that I could almost ignore it, I had to spend an hour on the phone Monday, and by the end of the call my ears were going berserk. They finally quieted down some by evening, and late this morning I had to make two calls, both of which were about 15 minutes in duration, and they sent the T volume way up again. (one of those two calls was to order a land line)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      BTW, does anyone else find that spikes in T volume are accompanied by hyperacusis?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Once again I had to make a cell phone call, and once again my T got louder. That's three days in a row.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      So my weekend out in the boonies didn't make the damned T quiet down. maybe the EMF explanation isn't it.

I'm starting what is supposed to be a 9 month program of brain retraining via in-ear sound generation. It's pretty much the Jastreboff method, updated with new technology. I'll post my progress if anyone is interested in it. I've got reactive tinnitus, so if it helps me it should help just about anyone.

11. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Maybe.. when I am checking my snapchat the same thing happens to me. Lol