Skipped a Period Using the Pill and Now My Tinnitus Is Spiking!

Discussion in 'Support' started by worriedd, Jan 4, 2017.

1. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      Lots of period talk here, sorry! I decided to skip my period last week as it was New Years, with the pill and the day after I kept going with the pill my tinnitus has been spiking. This is literally the only reason I can think of. Do you think I should just see how it goes, or should I come off the pill to have my period? I have had a lot of hormonal spikes in the past. It's currently been spiking for almost a week. Please give me some advice?:)

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hormones can spike tinnitus and the best time to start it is 3 days in to your period .
      You can get pill to take every day or coil or implant.
      Not worth stopping a monthly cycle unless after stopping them for months.
      It's going be a waiting game till your cycle settles down but if you stop it usually 48 hours after you will start menstruating ....lots of love glynis

3. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      @glynis I know this thread is old but I was wondering if you know if taking a daily birth control pill can lessen spikes around my period? Every month I get major spikes before and a little after my period and it's very hard to deal with. I wondered if maybe taking birth control would help or not? I don't know if you would know or who to ask but I thought I'd ask anyway. I know the poster above said hers spiked but I read somewhere else that birth control helped them control spikes

4. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Well due to heavy menstruation and anaemia I've been put on the mini pill age 52 and this is my second month in it.
      Not done nothing for my tinnitus though...
      Love glynis

5. Sparkle92

Sparkle92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/16, constant since 3/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus, Allergies, TMJ, Stress
      @glynis I'm also anemic and keep getting anemic for that reason too. Thanks for the info, maybe birth control works for some and not others regarding tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. pinkrose16
      Chowing

pinkrose16 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      @glynis I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you could say more about your experience with the minipill? I'm scared to start it because I've been dealing with a tinnitus spike.

7. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Well it's stopped my bleeding, regulated hormones and iron so all positives.

love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1