Sleep Apnea / Fibromyalgia at the Same Time...

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Mario martz, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey guys!
      Well basically I'm posting here, because in previous situations I have had a lot of help from you guys!
      Not so long ago I posted a success story... and thank god my tinnitus remains the same.

I think my main health problem comes from my sleep apnea...
      And then I guess the sleep apnea caused my fibro (this would explain my tinnitus, visual snow, and joint pain... and the other symptoms)

So, not so long ago.. (from September 2017 to February 2018) my fibro was in "Remission" (only the joint pain, morning stiffness. tinnitus and visual snow are always present)

But for some reason my sleep apnea was getting super worse this past February, I was falling sleep everywhere, no energy, etc...

So I decided to finally start the CPAP Therapy, I couldn't take the apnea anymore so i purchased it because my insurance doesn't cover it... so I was suuuper excited to use it and get rid of everything...

Long story short it's been almost 2 months... I've seen some changes, I do not longer fall sleep, but the fibromyalgia symptoms got suuuper worse, (the joint pain and the fibro fog) I can not even explain...

And well I'm super confused, it doesn't make sense to me.

I have read that CPAP therapy in some cases have reversed fibro symptoms...and that usually in most cases things get super better.

Does anyone have more information on this?

2. PaulaO

PaulaO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sleep apnea is not just a sleep thing. It is a whole body thing. Each time you have an apnea event, your body (every organ, every cell) is deprived of oxygen. Blood gases that are usually dispelled via exhalation are instead kept in the blood stream. This happens every time.

*Untreated* sleep apnea can cause a wide range of disorders, illnesses, conditions, syndromes, etc. Heart issues top the list. With Fibromyalgia, it can make sleep apnea worse while sleep apnea itself can cause fibro-like symptoms. This is all for UNtreated sleep apnea.

There's a forum called Apnea Board Forum that can help. I'm a moderator there. They can help you set up your machine, self-titrate, and understand the data. We allow no tirades, flaming, commercial links, or the like. It's a good, clean place.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Thank you Paula!! im gonna check the forum